Skip to content

[BG2EE 2.5] [MP] Minsc, when played by certain player, opens empty dialogue in vicinity of main char

Hey all,

over the last years, two of my friends and me have been playing BGEE and then BG2EE in a party consisting of 4 generated characters, Imoen and Minsc. We took our saved chars from BGEE over to BG2EE.

Now most things are fine, we had long breaks in between (~1year sometimes) and still figured most things out with the new versions. Just some little things like ammo containers emptying and such.

But now, we entered Amkethran, and for some reason, as soon as the friend who plays Minsc moves him into the vicinity of the main char played by me, an empty dialogue pops open, that I can only close as you would usually when ending a dialogue. After it's closed, and the chars remain together, it will open again in a matter of seconds.
It's even hard to get to load another save before it opens again and cancels all else.

Now - if I play Minsc myself, this doesn't happen.
We haven't tested if my other friend could take him over - but then, that's obviously not what we want.

Does anyone have an idea as to what could cause this? Some main storyline comment by Minsc that only triggers when played by my friend? Any approaches to a solution?

Thank you so much in advance!