Skip to content

Multiplayer FIX

EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
I pulled my hair out and finally fingered it. First, you will need Hamachi or some other virtual IP program (I recommend Hamachi as it is small, slick, free and many of us who played the original games remember it well.) It can be found here : http://hamachi.soft32.com/free-download?gclid=CIaX3Kf09LMCFQGFnQodvSkASw

What is just as important is making sure that BGEE has BOTH PRIVATE AND PUBLIC ACCESS CHECKED in your allowed programs dialogue window under firewall settings. Depending on your security settings, even if you select YES when the windows firewall warning pops up, it may only allow private access. So, go back in firewall settings and make sure that BGEE has public access privileges and the TCP/UDP ports are open. There is no need to do complicated port forwarding in the router if you have the firewall ports open and public and are using Hamachi.

It was not necessary for me (running win 7 / 64) to do allot of the other things suggested such as changing comparability mods and explicitly running as admin or moving your install out of the 'snadboxed' program files area. So get all of your party to download Hamachi set your virtual server up and enjoy. Hope this helps
Post edited by Edwin on

Comments

• MerlinMerlin Member Posts: 15
    umm... So is the TCP/UDP like the same as the Public.. Cos i don't know so much about the server shit :D
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Merlin said:

umm... So is the TCP/UDP like the same as the Public.. Cos i don't know so much about the server shit :D

You have both public and private options for the two...make sure that public is checked for both.

Control Panel - System and security - Windows Firewall - Allowed Programs
    ok now i have pressed them both.. Public and local are selected
    Edwin said:

Merlin said:

You have both public and private options for THE TWO...make sure that public is checked for both.

Control Panel - System and security - Windows Firewall - Allowed Programs
    What two?

Edwin said:

I pulled my hair out and finally fingered it. First, you will need Hamachi or some other virtual IP program (I recommend Hamachi as it is small, slick, free and many of us who played the original games remember it well.) It can be found here : https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/

What is just as important is making sure that BGEE has BOTH PRIVATE AND PUBLIC ACCESS CHECKED in your allowed programs dialogue window under firewall settings. Depending on your security settings, even if you select YES when the windows firewall warning pops up, it may only allow private access. So, go back in firewall settings and make sure that BGEE has public access privileges and the TCP/UDP ports are open. There is no need to do complicated port forwarding in the router if you have the firewall ports open and public and are using Hamachi.

It was not necessary for me (running win 7 / 64) to do allot of the other things suggested such as changing comparability mods and explicitly running as admin or moving your install out of the 'snadboxed' program files area. So get all of your party to download Hamachi set your virtual server up and enjoy. Hope this helps

What are the ports