Skip to content

Error changing companion portrait

Kartik100Kartik100 Member Posts: 6
Trying to change Imoen's portrait in BG2EE. Found a pic, set it to the specifications (210x330 for L, 169x226 for M, 54x84 for S), converted it to .bmp, then I pasted it into the portrait folder in Documents folder of BG2EE.

Result - the portrait changes in her character sheet but not in the side bar where everyone's portraits are stacked up. There it uses the black faceless head with a question mark on it (I think it's a placeholder used for characters with missing portraits in cases of error). Any idea where I'm messing up?

I've used this exact method once before in BG SOD to change Corwin's portrait and it worked perfectly back then. I don't know how to manually change it via EEKeeper either. I load up my save on it, get to Imoen, hit Change Portrait and it shows me a massive list of everyone with portraits in the game, but the custom portraits I put in the portraits folder don't show up on the list there. Anybody know how to fix that?

I attached the portraits I'm trying to use too, see if you can find the fault in the small one.

Comments

• Kartik100Kartik100 Member Posts: 6
    Nobody?
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    If you don't already have one, create an "override" folder in the game directory (probably "00783") and copy them in there.
  • Kartik100Kartik100 Member Posts: 6
    If you don't already have one, create an "override" folder in the game directory (probably "00783") and copy them in there.

I did try pasting the pics in the override directory, but no luck. It was still showing in the character sheet but not in the sidebar. Still I appreciate your help.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited March 2020
    Try this package in your override folder after having copied NIMOENM.bmp to NIMOENS.bmp.

Avoid using an alpha chanel and save your bmp files as 24 bit. ;)
    Post edited by Gwendolyne on