Long story short, more than 10 years without touching NWN, I bought EE and I'm hocked again.
Task: override armors and clothes appearance using Eurgiga’s robe based content.
Proof of concept: override nw_cloth017 assassin’s garb, with a new design.
Using userpatch.ini I set Eurgiga’s EursRobePack, I tested that it was working and then I started the following process.
1. I created a Module, imported EursRobePack into it, created a copy of the assassin’s garb and edited it to create a new look that fits mine taste. Then I exported it as .erf file
2. I edited the Erf file and edited the new cloth .uti by pointing to the same template ResRef in the blueprint items (nw_cloth017) and renamed the .uti override nw_cloth017.uti, here is a comparison between the original and custom assassin’s garb:
3. I put the nw_cloth017.uti as a test in the override folder
I started the Original Campaign and also a module and this is the result:
As you can see, it is "kind" of working, but that is not the cloth I created, is calling another robe, and the pallet is not the same either, in the inventory is still called assassin’s garb, but it does not look like in the toolset.
I used NWN Explorer to check if I was pointing to the right model and yes, I’m pointing to the right one, and when I use the toolset and I open the original assassin’s robes, looks like my override, but not in-game.
Things are coming back and I was able to do some interesting things, but cannot find the right tutorial to do this.