Skip to content

Major issue in DM client; In game Creator targeting incorrect module

Hey folks,
reporting a bug that someone in my discord brought to my attention. In the current build the DM client seems to be having some major problems with the Creator. The Creator function seems to be targeting an entirely different module. For example, I have one module named Necropolis of the Wyrm and another called the City of Coin. While in the DM client in the City of Coin module, I am seeing all of the entries from the Necropolis of the Wyrm module instead of the correct ones.

I made a new character in the DM client to make sure it wasn't an issue with the character itself, but I am still seeing the incorrect entries

Comments

• virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    In your documents/Neverwinter Nights folder, there must be a folder named 'tempclient'. Remove it and try again.
  • Carlo_OneCarlo_One Member Posts: 77
    Thanks very much for the manual fix. The new (1.80) patch version seems to be creating those files, I've reported the issue on github.
  • MurmureMurmure Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I want to create my NWN EE module online, I have already started working on it via the Aurora editor. On this side, everything is fine, I don't have any problems. But as soon as I connect to my module with the "DM CLIENT" I do not see the entire palette in the "creator" menu. I apologize in advance, I am French and I speak very little English, I use a translator.

So I did some tests and various research on this problem.

- When I launch the nwserver on the "Chapter1" module, I have access to the whole palette without any problem.
    - When I launch the nwserver on the module where I am currently working (with haks installed on it), I only have access to the personalized parts of palette 1 and 2, it misses 3, 4 and 5.
    - If I launch the nwserver on a module created on Aurora with 0 Haks, I have no custom tab in the "Special" part of the palette.

I looked for solutions on the web, on steam, everywhere, no way to find a solution that works ... Some say to delete the folder "Documents \ Neverwinter Nights \ tempclient" that does not change the problem, and the folder recreate each time. I did a check of the game files via steam, the game is therefore updated, but that did not change the problem. I don't really have an idea anymore.

Thank you in advance for your attention to my problem.

cordially

Murmure