Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

I am having trouble applying an effect to a non NPC object

4BOLTMAIN4BOLTMAIN Member Posts: 37
edited March 26 in Builders - Scripting
As the title states I am trying to apply a specific effect to a non NPC object in an area and I do not know how to make this work. If I choose a NPC to apply the effect to it works fine. I am able to do other effects on objects but this one is stubborn. Here is what I have tried...
/*    I CANT GET THIS TO WORK... LOL!
    if (GetTag(oObject) == "MagicSparksBlue")
        {
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, MagicalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR)), oObject));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, MagicalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR)), oObject));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectAtLocation(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, MagicalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR)), GetLocation(oObject)));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectAtLocation(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, MagicalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR)), GetLocation(oObject)));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, SupernaturalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR)), oObject));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, SupernaturalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR)), oObject));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectAtLocation(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, SupernaturalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR)), GetLocation(oObject)));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectAtLocation(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, SupernaturalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR)), GetLocation(oObject)));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, MagicalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR, TRUE)), oObject));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, MagicalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR, TRUE)), oObject));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectAtLocation(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, MagicalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR, TRUE)), GetLocation(oObject)));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectAtLocation(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, MagicalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR, TRUE)), GetLocation(oObject)));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, SupernaturalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR, TRUE)), oObject));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, SupernaturalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR, TRUE)), oObject));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectAtLocation(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, SupernaturalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR, TRUE)), GetLocation(oObject)));
        DelayCommand( 0.2, ApplyEffectAtLocation(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, SupernaturalEffect(EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_PROT_EPIC_ARMOR, TRUE)), GetLocation(oObject)));
        }

*/

How can I apply this effect to a location without using a NPC?

Comments