Skip to content

Throne of Bhaal crashes on zone change (PS4)

EyvindEyvind Member Posts: 4
edited March 2020 in Troubleshooting
Every time I attempt to go to a new region of the World Map in Throne of Bhaal, the game crashes entirely and takes me back to the PS4 menu screen. I've tried more than 20 times now, and attempted to reach every region of the World Map.

I had the same issue in Shadows of Amn whenever a story encounter occurred between maps, and was strangely able to fix it by zooming the camera in and travelling to the opposite side of the World Map - a trick that has apparently worked for other PS4 players. The same trick is not helping in Throne of Bhaal.

The place in the story I am at is
I have just defeated Sendai, I was taken to the pocket plane. I tried saves both before and after defeating the Innocence shade in the pocket plane but it made no difference.

As I am on PS4, there are of course no mods, and I have no access to the (ironically named) console commands.

Any help on this would be appreciated. It is currently impossible to progress the story.

EDIT: Went back to a much earlier save, and did Abigazel's quest line first. It crashed again right after...but this time when I reloaded and tried the trick that got me through crashing in Shadows of Amn it worked.

Leaving this up in case anyone has the same problem. In both Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal, the problem was one of the encounters in the wilderness for Dorn's Bloody Path quests.

The fix? Zoom the camera in as close as you can go on your characters, and go to whatever spot on the map has the largest number of hours of travel. I have no clue why this works, but googling around it seems to work for other PS4 players as well.
Post edited by Eyvind on