Skip to content

What rock have I been living under?

Was a big fan of the original NWN and spent many long hours building modules. Always missed that game.

Poking around the Internet and stumbled across the "Enhanced Edition" that I knew NOTHING about! Looks like I missed the party by about a year!

Is the community still thriving and is now still a good time to dive back into the game?!

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Try the community run and financed vault (the old vault died about 5 years ago). Almost all of the old content is there and new stuff is still being added. For example, if you are on windows, there's the Neverwinter Nights Mod Installer Tool - NIT to aid with downloading and managing modules and their associated haks, etc.

TR
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @TarotRedhand , thank you so much for the referral to the NIT. I was able to easily download and install the Aielund Saga. Since I haven't been able to get it working via the Steam Workshop since Beamdog's last two updates, I needed to try a manual download and install, which can be a daunting task.

All I had to do using the NIT was copy paste the url of the first module, "Nature Abhors a Vacuum", and the NIT automatically downloaded and installed all six chapters of the saga plus all associated haks and tilesets, including the CEP.

I thought that was absolutely amazing. The whole process still took upwards of 20 minutes, but imagine how long it would have taken if I had been having to find, download, and install all those files myself. Every time I've done it in the past I always miss something on the first try, and I have to go back and troubleshoot which hak I didn't install, or which file got put in the wrong place.

The saga now runs beautifully, and I can even load all my old saves again.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    No worries sport [argh, have I caught the "talk like an Aussie" bug?]. Anyway, it's @Surazal you really want to be thanking. All I did was point you in the right direction, they not only built but continues to maintain (in the face of the patches at times) that great tool.

TR