Skip to content

Exporting joinable characters

Is there a way to export joinable characters, with voice sets, portrait, etc? If I want to play BGII with Xan in my party for example?

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    No, but there are mods that bring a lot of the popular BG1 characters into BG2. Think there's a Xan mod if that example isn't purely hypothetical.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    it is also possible to start a game in multiplayer creating clones of the joinable toons.
    you can create yourself an elf enchanter with the name Xan, to use your example, then using EEkeeper copy and paste the stats of the original bg one and everything else that can be relevant and you will have xan with you in one of the cages of the starting dungeon, like if he was with your party at the moment you are captured, like jaheira, imoen and minsc.
    obviously in this way you loose the banters and npc related content that a proper mod can add or not add, it depends on how the modder does, but you can RP anyway that he is the real one and not a clone you create in multiplayer.

it can be useful if there is not a mod for a certain npc that you want to use, if a modder has already done the work for you no need to do it yourself.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    If you look at the "Characteristics" tab in EEKeeper, there's a checkbox for "Exportable". Setting that should allow you to export the character in question.

If you do that, you'll get the stats, portrait, and any innate abilities. The character creation process will start you at the "Appearance" stage like any other imported character, which means you'll have to choose a new voice set.
    Voice sets differ between the two games, so importing without picking a new BG2 set would cause unpredictable results anyway. I've had Black Pits characters imported into Black Pits 2 come out with oddities like Lilarcor lines in their voice sets.
    Of course, a character imported this way would be treated as a secondary PC, and thus have no banters.