Skip to content

intro video [intel card problem]

LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
edited December 2012 in Fixed
Observed bug: The intro video is severely lagging. Basically I get a small chunk of video (with sound) and then a few seconds of pause and then a small chunk of video (with sound)... Rinse repeat. It is so bad that it is unwatchable.

Expected Behavior: Intro video running smoothly.

Steps to reproduce the bug?
1. Play the video. Both from startup and in video selection

System:
Producor: Packard Bell
Model: EasyNote TS11HR
Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
64 Bit operative system (win 7)
GeForce GT 540M
Direct X 9.0c

At first it was increadibly bad but using a tip from the forum I got the game to start up in win 95 compatability. It helped but didn't remove the problem. It is still not worth watching.
On a sidenote. The battle where Gorion dies lagged just as bad.

EDIT: I'm on a laptop and on another forum Thantalos suggested that on some laptops with GeForce graphic cards it doesn't automatically apply the right setting. You have to manually set the specific game to use the graphic card.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• frossfross Member Posts: 12
    Same is happening to me
  • longrathlongrath Member Posts: 2
    Also having this issue.

I get one frame and the associated blip of sound.
    Then a second or two and the next frame. Both as game triggered, and from the playback menu.

Intel core i5 2500k
    16 gb ram
    Nvidia 560 TI
  • longrathlongrath Member Posts: 2
    Check that. Switching to win 95 comparability mode and launching directly from the exe fixed. Pardon my troubleshooting methodology, but at the same time I turned off vsync, AA fXX, and one other setting in nvidia control panel.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Instead. When you are using nvidia cards go into control panel and ask it directly to use the card for the specific game.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I move this to fixed. At least for dual graphics cards, selecting the better card solves the problem.
    This suggestion has been added to the intel troubleshooting topic. Pure intel systems will need more love.