Skip to content

Question about Faren Mod File

BertleBertle Member Posts: 49
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer to this, but figured I'd post here just in case.

So for a while now, I've been having a problem with BG2EE. Everything is merrily working well for a long time, then all of a sudden I'll go to reload a recent save and find the game will crash upon opening it. All my recent saves from that time period do the same, but if I go back to an old save (like for instance the Chapter 2 start save) it loads fine. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when this happens - no specific location or time period that I can discern.

I recently was able to determine that my problem was the file FHsw1.itm in my override folder. Based off the FH prefix and .itm extension, I am guessing this file codes one of Faren's items (though I am not a coder and not 100% sure). When I delete this one file, the game loads fine. I have not played with Faren since deleting this file, so I am not sure what deleting this file has done.

Does anyone know what this file is for and what the consequences might be for deleting it? Any ideas why it has been causing my loads to crash upon opening? Any help would be appreciated.