Skip to content

Please help a new DM.

I'm going to cry.

I'm not going to rant too much about my first comment, but WHY IS THIS SO HARD.

I'm trying to dm a game.
I have made a module with the CEP 2.0 pack.
I have spent 26 hours on it so far.
I had a friend, completely new to the game, try and play.
His play button is grayed out, and after closing the module and trying to open it again, the module is now corrupted.
I can't even open the regular campaign in dm mode.
What happened!???
I have checked forums for this issue and the ones that people "link" to use language I don't get. I'm a PC noob. If you tell me to go to a file directory I can, but please try not to abbreviate anything. Just assume I don't know what you're talking about and simplify it if you can, please. I just want to DM a game. I don't even care if it's not my personal mod anymore.

To be clear: every single mod that I try to open says it is corrupt.
I have uninstalled and rei stalled as well.

Comments

• dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    One question about that:
    I have made a module with the CEP 2.0 pack.
    I have spent 26 hours on it so far.
    What did you do exactly? I assume, you created in the toolset a empty module, added the haks from CEP 2.0 (actual version is 2.65. Don't know if you can download 2.0 anymore) and started building?

If so: If the module is corrupted, there are not many ways to get it work again. You must extract the contents and copy them to a new module... This will be the complex way. I can't say, it is the easiest way.
    Just upload a zipped version (7z, rar, or zip) of your corrupted module and we can take a look at it.