Skip to content

Edwin's Alternate Portrait

If you choose Edwin's portrait for your charname, what portrait does Edwin get?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    xyijye8cf8uw.jpg

im pretty sure if you use Xzar's portrait for your CHARNAME, he will use the same portrait as edwin is using here
    BlackbɨrdBaptor
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I've never understood why npc portraits were included in the charname options - it just creates a totally unnecessary conflict.
    BlackbɨrdBaptorAedan
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    xyijye8cf8uw.jpg

im pretty sure if you use Xzar's portrait for your CHARNAME, he will use the same portrait as edwin is using here

That's pretty funny, actually.

sarevok57
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Imagine someone playing for first time, actually thinking this is how Edwin really looks XD
    sarevok57BaptorAedanBlackbɨrd
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    dunbar wrote: »
    I've never understood why npc portraits were included in the charname options - it just creates a totally unnecessary conflict.

well this game was made back in the 90s, and they did make it so if you did choose an NPC portrait there was a replacement, so i guess it works?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    But if the player couldn't choose an npc portrait in the first place it wouldn't have to 'work'. Also, this situation was continued with the ee's - iirc Dorn's portrait gets replaced with Keldorn's (which is bizarre to say the least) and if you are playing a half-orc there is no other portrait you can use.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Hm? There are three male half orc portraits. There's Dorn. There's the round faced green one. And then there's the half orc scholar I'm using as my avatar.

The round faced green one was included in the original games. He's always been there. Dorn and the scholar are of course new, and they might be DLC on mobile, not sure.
    Blackbɨrd
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Sikorsky wrote: »
    Imagine someone playing for first time, actually thinking this is how Edwin really looks XD

This is exactly what I was thinking when I first heard about this. I actually chose one of the non-NPC portraits when I first played it in 1998 but imagine if I didn't and I though Edwin was this guy in a beret.
    Sikorsky