Skip to content

SetAreaTransitionBMP - Requirements for Custom Image (AREA_TRANSITION_USER_DEFINED)

I am looking to provide custom transition bitmaps when using the area transition click to a newly created area using a door object:

THIS CODE WORKS FOR THE JUMP - Just need to know what folder to place the BMP into and the extension to use (if there is need for a change) to make the new image appear during the transition.

void main()
{
object oPC = GetClickingObject();

object oArea = CreateArea("turfhouse", "createdarea", "newturf");
location lLoc = Location(oArea, Vector(2.0f,2.0f,0.0f), 0.0f);

AssignCommand(oPC , ClearAllActions(TRUE));
AssignCommand(oPC, SetAreaTransitionBMP(AREA_TRANSITION_USER_DEFINED, "my_new_bmp"));
AssignCommand(oPC, ActionJumpToLocation(lLoc));

}

Comments

• GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    edited April 2020
    Those bitmaps are loadscreens. Check out https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/loadscreen-construction-kit-v11b for how to assemble a proper loadscreen. *Hint* They are not simple jpegs.
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    You may as well just skip the user defined part as well, and call the loadscreen directly from a custom loadscreen.2da. For example, SetAreaTransitionBMP(20) would specify the 20th entry listed in the 2da.
  • SmithicusSmithicus Member Posts: 21
    Thanks for the responses, I look forward to dabbling in the loadscreen options!
  • SmithicusSmithicus Member Posts: 21
    UPDATE:
    For testing, I grabbed an image from the Internet (I do not own the image). Used the spreadsheet in the link provided. Created the TGA files and loadscreens.2DA - created a quick test module and was able to find the newly created load screen:

guc4y5zpbrvf.jpg
    b7q7oyx4cbb5.jpg
    ojoawrtpwyxg.jpg
    v5vueysjky4q.jpg

I appreciate the guidance!