Skip to content

[crash] Nashkel Town

emjayemjay Member Posts: 84
edited December 2012 in Fixed
Enter Nashkel temple building (party of CHAR, Dead Khalid, Dead Jaheira, Rasaad, Imoen, Neera) after meeting Berrun Ghastkill for the first time.

Expected Behaviour: Enter new area

Outcome: Game stops responding > close via Task Manager

This happened twice, otherwise the game has been perfectly stable.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    edited November 2012
    I dont know if it a Nashkel exclusive problem. But 4 out of the last 3 crashes happened in Nashkel while leaving houses in that area.
  • VarilVaril Member Posts: 14
    When changing screens in Nashkel most sounds begin cutting out randomly, leading first to growing lag and stuttering before an eventual freeze(requiring closing the program through task manager).

(Sidenote for others experiencing this issue : The problem *only* happens while the game is running the main screen. Entering the menu to save and then reload appears to fix the issue, and can be used to delay it indefinitely until you can leave Nashkel).
  • PotatoHandlePotatoHandle Member Posts: 0
    Two small ones;

#1) Crash to desktop when entering Nashkel Inn. I couldn't replicate it (Fixed after reloading), but I thought it may be related to other assorted crashes other are experiencing, and I can supply video of it occurring, which may or may not be helpful.
    http://www.twitch.tv/potatohandle/c/1753216

If you need more information on that playthrough, you can (temporarily) see the whole recording here. The crash occurs at around 2:16:50.
    http://www.twitch.tv/potatohandle/b/343793284

#2) Current Behavior: Opening the Potion Case bought from High Hedge displays the name "Missing String #73893" in the header field.
    Expected Behavior: The potion case should display "Potion Case" or "Container" in the header field.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Merged thread
    edited December 2012
    Merged thread²
    edited December 2012
    Merged thread³ I can't delete my own post it seems
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Is this still an issue?
  • emjayemjay Member Posts: 84
    I haven't had it since the 2009 patch I think
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Thanks, since a patch note mentioned crash when entering new area is fixed, i move this to fixed.