Skip to content

Potential changes?

Hey! I just had a moment and was thinking I could maybe write about a few changes that could help xbox players with their experience playing on the Arelith servers!

First, I was thinking maybe the option to toggle visual effects from wards? A few players warded is no problem, but when groups get together to pvp or RP, the frames drop to single digits!

Some of the larger maps are almost unplayable due to frame drops, like the areas near minmir, the Sibayad Crypts, or the farm near Bendir for example! And... some maps are perfectly fine, except when you get too close to some spots in them? Like, the government district in Cordor, most of the map is fine, but If you go to Salaskar square frames drop real bad, am unsure what causes that.

The chat filter is also a bit of a problem, breaking immersion for some RP, an example "watching" gets turned into "wathong" and "something" into "so****ing" because "meth".

Also, I was wondering if keyboard support might be possible somewhere down the road? That would be a huge improvement!

Anyhow, I know most of this might just be limitations on what the xbox can do, and the chat filter might be all xbox, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Thank you Beamdog, for bringing us this game, and putting all this work into it, I really do appreciate all that you do!