Skip to content

Icewind Dale: EE Bug/Glitch for Nintendo Switch

So I just started a game on the Switch, decided to go crazy and do a party including a Bard, Sorcerer, and Shaman (don't judge please lol). But when it came time to level up, it didn't give me any option to pick new spells for their level up. Instead, it just stuck a Bless and a Cure Light Wounds in the first level Mage Spells slot. Tried searching and Googling if this is an existing issue but can't see anything about it. I'm just wondering if it's just my party and I need to reset or what.

Thanks!

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    when a shaman grows to level 2, they do not get to choose another level 1 spell known, when they hit level 3, then they get to choose their 3rd level 1 spell known

im going to assume that the sorcerer works in the same way

so keep leveling up, and hit level 3 and see what happens

if im not mistaken the shaman probably has the same amount of spells known as the sorcerer and those will cap out at 5 per level
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited April 2020
    Bards learn from scrolls in 2nd edition D&D, while (as sarevok57 stated) your chosen classes all have an off-track magic table. You essentially chose the slowest possible start, magic-wise.
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2020
    The OP actually discovered an interesting bug in the game. Notice they said they saw Bless and Cure Light Wounds in the mage spellbook, which shouldn't happen. I did more testing and posted my findings here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/79206/bug-spontaneous-casters-grant-others-extra-spells-nintendo-switch-possibly-other-platforms/p1