Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Removing the Exp Cap in BG1

Hi,

I'm using the Mac version bought from the AppStore so I'm a second class citizen on here and can't install BG:SOD.

I've reached the experience cap with a Dragon Disciple. Is there anyway to remove the limit in BG1? I've got a few mods installed what when combined with the base game mean that I get a lot more experience points, so I've reached the max before doing Durlag's Tower of BG itself!

Also, is there any way to play BG1 with the BG2 engine?

As I said, I'd buy BG:SOD but it's not available on the Mac App Store and Beamdog refuse or are incapable or uninterested in helping.

Thanks a lot for your help
Dave

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 1,514
    This mod looks like what you want.

Unless you've got mods that add vast amounts of new content, you're unlikely to get much past 250K with a full party; my latest run nullified most of the resets that happen when you load a save past the cap, and ended up with the protagonist at about 240K. Still, 250K would let your sorcerer pick up a 5th level spell, including possible spells that you can't get as scrolls in BG1.

JuliusBorisov
  • LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 177
    Thanks a lot, yes I think one more level with my character will take me through the rest of the game nicely!I I took a look at the mod and it looks great, but I can't see any links to a download them? I thought I might be able to just copy the existing files into the Override Folder and edit them, but I don't seem to have them in my base install?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi, I found them with a bit of Fishing, works great even with a Saved Game. If I understand correctly this mod gives all the benefits of a new level with the exception of High Level Abilities. I doubt I will get that far with this character, but at least I can complete BG1 and import it BG2.

Thanks again!

Although I won't get the HLAs in BG1, if I import my character into BG2 (at say, level 18), will it give me the HLAs that I would have got in BG2?