Skip to content

2 days in and still cant get a successful resource extraction from nwn-ee

ive been digging through th boards here and elswhere.
Seems the newer nw-explorer is broken. as a work around, what can i use to extract/decompile the new EE version resourses?
i run on 3ds max8, and would like to update a shit ton of my old 1.69 tilesets to EE spec, but am having trouble crawling through file structure changes of EE compared to 1.69 and tools that arent playing nice
my older tools still work flawlessly on pre-EE, but none of what ive found for EE is working for me.
Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    What version of NWN Explorer are you using?

1.8.3 works for me, you can get it from here: https://github.com/virusman/nwnexplorer/releases
  • FlyByNight187FlyByNight187 Member Posts: 16
    that could be it,...seems ive gotten 1.8.2 from a link somewhere.....
    thanks duder,... grabbing now and will give it a go. :)
    using 1.8.3, i get this at nw max import:

l1jo52z02snh.jpg

3ds_m8 sp3, and as setup tool rollouts:
    p3riw4gjfw4g.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2020
    You can export any model by opening it with NWN Explorer, clicking on ASCII Model tab, and then Right clicking on the ASCII Model tab and hitting "Export Text."

You'll just have to change the file extension to MDL after exporting.

However, I have had NO issues exporting models from NWN Explorer as compiled models and then importing them with NWMax, but I'm using GMax so...

EDIT - Just a thought. When I was using 3DS Max, I had to replace the version of nwnmdlcomp that was packaged with NWMax Plus with a more updated version.
    dunahan
    im starting to think this is a problem with my version of NWmax.
    i have the last version that was made for my 3ds.
    guess ill have to track down the new one that mda made before he abandoned tbor....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2020
    edited April 2020
    ...*facepalm*...well at least its a new error...using nwmax from link posted.
    0k6vc0s33gz6.jpg
    gonna reach out to some friends and see if they can "loan" me out a newer copy of 3ds..

"EDIT - Just a thought. When I was using 3DS Max, I had to replace the version of nwnmdlcomp that was packaged with NWMax Plus with a more updated version."
    ......looking into this as well