Skip to content

Polish characters changed to regular letters

I'm currently trying to translate different game made in NWN:EE Toolset - this is my first ever translation and first time I'm using this program. When I open a conversation and translate it for example: Któż mnie zbudził - it captures some polish letters like "ó" but not "ż" or "ł" so it looks like this: Któz mnie zbudzil. I've changed spellcheck in nwtoolset.ini aswell as added new line in nwn.ini for language=polish but it still changes those letters. Is it just the program graphic issue or should I download something? Please help me and please be specific - as I mentiod that's the first time I've ever encountered NWN and NWNToolset.

Comments

• chillichilli Member Posts: 1
    I found this post after two years, but i recently bought the EE version, and have the same problem when creating my module. Spent couple of hours to figureout how to do this but works perfectly.

I'm using NWN:EE GOG version with Polish language dlc.

Here is my method:
    1. Close your toolset.
    2. Navigate to your NWN folder in your documents (not a NWN instalation folder with game files).
    3. Find nwtoolset.ini file and open it.
    4. Find setting name as Spelling (in my .ini its line 36, but it may be diffrent).
    5. Set to 0 almost evething, except setting that start as "TextColor..." and "ClearIgnoreChangeAllList"
    6. Find setting name as Language.
    7. UseDefault=1
    8. LanguageID=5
    9. Save file and open Toolset.
    10. Try to write some ŹźŁłÓóĄąĘꌜŃńĆć in conversation or journal.

Here is my Spelling settings
    [Spelling]
    EnableSpellCheck=0
    ClearIgnoreChangeAllLists=1
    AutoSpellCheckConv=0
    InteractiveCheckOnEnterConv=0
    InteractiveCheckOnExitConv=0
    CheckSpellingConv=0
    CheckGrammarConv=0
    CheckBadCharsConv=0
    AutoSpellCheckLoc=0
    InteractiveCheckOnEnterLoc=0