Skip to content

Adding voices to conversations

jimdad55jimdad55 Member Posts: 75
I’ve recorded audio for several lines of conversation. These are the correct format, have imported properly into the game and play properly when I click on the Play button in the Actions Taken tab.

They are correctly added to the lines in the conversation yet when I play the game they aren't all voiced.

I’m thinking that because I’m using the dialogue boxes rather than above the head conversations, somehow by clicking on the line which should have audio to accompany the response when clicked, it then immediately goes to the next line maybe without allowing time for the sound to play?

I have tried waiting a moment before clicking on the next response but to no avail.

I’ve also tried removing any music playing in the scene but that doesn’t work either.

In trying to test this I built up the conversation line by line.

If you assume OWNER / PC/ OWNER/ PC convo only lines 1,3 and 4 will play audio and 2 won’t. It almost feels like I need a CONTINUE in there but I can’t see why. Just done further testing and its looking like this isn’t me being daft ( unusual!) Clean module with lines 1,2,3,4 as above and again 2 doesn’t work. 1 +3 being the OWNER work fine, 4 being the last line in the conversation seems to work but 2 doesn’t.

Is it just the case that the OWNER line can have audio as there is time while waiting for the player to choose an option while as soon as the PC clicks on their reply there is no time for audio as the box immediately changes to the next OWNER line?
Post edited by jimdad55 on