Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Help! lost my save files

Hi there,

I'm hoping that some kind soul might be able to help. Recently I attempted to install a new game (KOTOR) on my Android device. Unfortunately, I had insufficient space, so the popup to delete programs appeared. I selected some apps I am no longer using, but the popup seemed to have selected a bunch of programs, including Icewind Dale: EE, without my realizing, and promptly deleted it. How annoying, I thought, I'll just reinstall. So I did so, and then found that none of my saves were visible! Upon checking in the path /android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files, no save files were present :(.

I have tried data recovery (fonepaw and easeus mobisaver). Fonepaw finds a number of missing files (468 documents) but not my save files, and, rather suspiciously, not a single pdf file (since I use PDFs a *lot* and recently deleted a large number of them). Easeus found basically nothing.

I have been playing a lot of Icewind Dale recently since I bought it (for the 3rd time!) on Android a few weeks ago. I had got as far as lower Dorn's deep and had just killed the fire Salamander King. This is the furthest I have been in the game in fact) and was looking forward to playing again soon.

Does anyone know of a better datarecovery program? Failing that, perhaps I could obtain an early lower dorn's deep save file and use an editor to more-or-less bring back my party with items etc.?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Carl