Skip to content

Tileset Specific door template issue

Hello,

When opening any module or creating a new one, with or without haks, I see hundreds of templates under the "Standard" - "Tileset Specific" door category. Many are simply named "Door", another hundred or so have neither name nor tag in their properties. This also happens on a fresh install of Windows and NWN:EE on another machine.

Is this by design?

ktop7kfzjd92.png
zw65os22w7iw.png
o81a4zykzdps.png

Regards
Ana

Comments

• AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    This is pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing it has to do with the new ability to open multiple areas at once in the toolset. I haven't really examined the new palette, but it does seem to correspond with the entire doortypes.2da list now.
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    Tileset specific doors shouldn't be used as generic doors. That's not what they are for even if you CAN use them. The list is a list of all doors in doortypes.2da. Some tilesets include doors for other tilesets as well so people don't have to join doortypes.2da files by themselves to make tilesets compatible. Some even have doors for dozens of tilesets. If you don't use all of those tilesets, some of the tileset specific doors will be missing and often even don't have a name. That's not a bug, just ignore them. If it bothers you, make your own doortypes.2da which has just the doors you need, but leave them at the lines they are at or things will get REALLY messy!
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2020
    If you don't use any haks, this shouldn't happen (unless you have .2da files in your override which is almost as bad as putting scripts there!).
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    Zwerkules wrote: »
    If you don't use any haks, this shouldn't happen (unless you have .2da files in your override which is almost as bad as putting scripts there!).

That's the weird part - even without haks, every door listed in doortypes.2da now shows up, whereas in non-ee NWN only the doors in the currently opened tileset would appear. So some change was made to the toolset, most likely for the new tabbed area feature IMO.
  • anathema_17anathema_17 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020
    Hiya Zwerkules, thanks for the elaborate reply!
    The huge number of doors looked wrong to me, also very untidy, but apparently all is as it should be. I just returned after a break of several years to find NWN quite a bit different in unexpected places. Getting reacquainted should be fun.

Oh, and Ancarion is right, this also happens without any haks or override content.

Cheers
    Ana