Skip to content

NWN for Switch - if we can’t have leto or debug mode....

StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
Finally got around to playing NWN:ee. This time on switch.

The version is pretty awesome and after finding out the controls, game play is unfolding smoothly. My diamond edition game will be safely tucked away in the attic.

But one thing I do miss, is debug mode. Some might call it cheating, but I just call it “playing the game I bought and paid for, in a non competitive manner any way I see fit”. And I would actually enjoy my new game more if I had access to Leto or debug mode. So I pondered about some ways of bringing it alive without too much hassle.

One way could be adding options to the first in game mirror, where you can skip the tutorial. Adding another option that said: “altering your character through debug mode”, and could open a small gate way to some simple and pre defined commands like “set str”, and other commnds that could mimic the options from the debug mode and make the wanted alterations. It would be pretty easy to make I’d reckoned?

Another solution with more finesse could be adding another merchant in the prologue that could sell (for free), tomes and manuals for stats, books that taught you feats and skills, and potions for immunity/damage reduction by type. You could call the merchant Lord Leto for an in game shout out to the pre ee era. How about it? Would it work?