Skip to content

Changing my class

Hi,

I have come to the conclusion that thieves are kinda lame. I want to fight! Archery is cool and all, but sometimes I want to use a sword and not die instantly! Imoen can pick all the locks herself! So I want to be a ranger.

Specifically, I want to change from bounty hunter to stalker, as if I had gone a little more in-depth when first making my character, I'd probably have gone with stalker to begin with. I tried some MPSave manipulation, but then I lost the slayer transformation ability (I'm in Chapter 6 of BGII).

I'm happy to use EE Keeper or MP saves, but I have no idea what I'm doing and could only find a guide for changing from wizard to a different kind of wizard. For instance, I can't figure out how to set my racial enemy. I would greatly appreciate some advice.

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    thieves are not lame at all, but if you want to use them as front liners welding a sword surely they will suck
    :s
    it is only a marginally better use then using a ranger as main caster ;)
    a thief can clear alone with stab whole dungeons, i did it so many times, set trap carpets and lure enemies like beholders and flyers into them, can give to the party all the expensive equipment they need very soon, can dispel illusions and reveal invisible enemies, even the ones protected by SI illusion that are immune to true sight, can appear at the edge of the view field of a spell caster and as soon as the enemy begins to cast do a step back and hide in shadows so the spell fizzles and is wasted as there is no more target.
    but it CAN NOT be used as a fighter, both mlee and ranged his dmg output is low and has very little protection.

so if you want instead to play a stalker, that can fight with its sword and do actual damage, that can stab or scout hidden if needed and has some more hp then a thief to survive when fighting mlee there is nothing wrong.

i suggest you to create a stalker in a new game, to level it up with console cheats (or EEkeeper) to the same xp your thief has then to open in EEkeeper both the saves so you can copy/paste from the ranger save to the thief one everything relevant. this way you are sure that hp, thac0 and everything else is at the right value for a stalker.