Skip to content

just downloaded BG:EE, can't start because of a bug?

chaos_of_the_deepchaos_of_the_deep Member Posts: 3
edited January 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
hey everyone i was hoping to find some help here.
i just finished downloading BG:EE, when i click on the shotcut the starting screen appears where i can only click on "play". After doing so the game launches, my mouse icon changes to the familliar baldurs gate hand symbol and i can hear clicking on buttons but my screen stays completely white so i can't actually do anything.

running on an Asus laptop with windows 7 (service pack 1) geforce 610M graphics card with more then enough free space left

would love some help with this problem :)
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• GreggorGreggor Member Posts: 5
    Oddly enough, this same exact thing happened to me as well. I ran the game, got the familiar cursor, but just a white screen, with music in the background. I had to force-quit the program in task manager. The same thing happened two more times. I just downloaded hypercam to record the problem and post it on the forums, and as soon as I started the game, it was fine. I doubt it was hypercam that fixed the problem, so I would suggest you restart your computer and try starting the game up a few times to see if the problem solves itself. Best of luck.
  • thanks, i've restarted my pc, didn't help at first but suddenly at some point it just started working just like you said, it's kinda weird but as long as it works i'm happy :)

thanks for the help greggor
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Greggor, @chaos_of_the_deep

If the problem shows up again its probably better to report it.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This kind of problem might go away if started in windowed mode then switching full screen (ctrl-enter).
    Before quitting, switch back to windowed mode.
    The recent patch might also fix this.