Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[v1.01] Karihi, a fire genasi pyromancer NPC for IWD:EE

AionZAionZ Member Posts: 3,183
edited May 16 in IWD:EE Mods
karihi.png?w=210&ssl=1?w=210&ssl=1

introduction.png
Karihi is a scholar and arcanist from a land far away from the Frozenfar, as well as a fallen noble with a rather unpleasant past. As befitting her fire genasi heritage, she is an adept in the art of pyromancy, and would make a powerful mage... provided one can tolerate her arrogance and endless complaints towards the cold and the long treks through the Spine of the World.

She can be found in Easthaven, outside the Snowdrift Inn... shivering and complaining about the winter wind.

Race: Fire Genasi
Class: Pyromancer (Mage)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Strength: 10
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 16
Intelligence: 19
Wisdom: 13
Charisma: 13

Mod includes:
  • One new party member for IWD:EE with a custom mage kit
  • Friendship and Romance
  • One small encounter
  • The opportunity for a mage PC to learn a few pyromancy spells

If one installs the Crossmod Banter Pack for IWD:EE, these two NPCs will banter with each other, along with Dendjelion, Dusky, Ina, Oak-Maw, Tipps and Urchin by Lava Del'Vortel, as well as the Icewind Dale NPCs by Kulyok.

Post edited by AionZ on
LavaDelVortelOlvynChuruThacoBelljmaeqilduderinoEekanImpSharGuidesMyHandmegamike15Thrasymachus_DD_Illustair

Comments

• AionZAionZ Member Posts: 3,183
    Updated to v1.01, fixing a couple of incorrect dialogue paths.

LavaDelVortelThacoBellMothormegamike15
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 218
    Hi! Using your new NPC in a current playthru and enjoying her so far :) I had a question though: I noticed when she uses her ranged staff attack, or when she casts the new "Fiery Missile" spell, there is no animation
    for the attack (ex: magic missile has the red missiles fly at the enemy) except for the flames that appear when an enemy is hit.

I also have the "More Style for Mages" mod installed, and the staves provided by that mod also lack the ranged animation. I was just curious if by installing these two mods together I caused an issue.

Thank you for the excellent modding work!

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,897
    @Dawglicious I get animations for her ranged staff and fire missiles. Maybe you have a conflict somewhere?

Dawgliciousilduderino
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 218
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @Dawglicious I get animations for her ranged staff and fire missiles. Maybe you have a conflict somewhere?

That does seem likely :/

• BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 37
    Just want to say how much I enjoyed taking Minerva and Karihi thru IWD. I have a new appreciation for the concept of how great a mastery of daggers can be in this game. I agree with the previous post comments on Minerva’s adventurous spirit is and Karihi’s personal growth. Karihi might now be my favorite mod romance.

I did come across a couple bugs though.
    -In the puzzle room, Minerva’s “Well some of these” dialogue came up with a “no valid response” option to reply with.
    -I was also using Golem Construction and the Djinni Companion mod. After constructing my first golem late in the game, I had to rebuild Minerva’s construct when it got destroyed. Oddly the construct seemed to get stuck on the construction animation. So it kind of looked like it was having a seizure. I’m guessing it was all the extra companions interfering with each other in some way.
    -Finally, during the Roth “Aaaaggghhh” cutscene, the game would freeze. The other options worked, so I got around it.

I’m looking forward to the other NPC’s you’re working on, keep up the amazing work.

ThacoBell
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 629
    Great, great job with this companion! I thoroughly enjoyed having Karihi in my party. I was a little worried early on about the vagueness of her background (her references to some unspecified “eastern empire”) but later her lack of specificity made perfect sense. The character arc was nicely paced, well written, and thoroughly enjoyable.

I especially liked:
    Her teaching the main character in the ways of pyromancy (with the bonus spells!) and the encounter with Roth in Marketh’s palace.

Looking forward to the other NPCs when they become available!

• seloconselocon Member Posts: 8
    ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR HER!!!

She's amazing early game, when a good hit from her staff can OHKO most mooks, and though she's squishy, once I take care of the archers, and have my cleric engage the melee mooks, she's AMAZING.

Also, thank you for the RANGED staff!!! It's so great to have a halfway decent missile weapon for a wizard