Skip to content

Toolset bug - Scrambled Text

I have been using the NWN Toolset to update the Nordock Public Release, but have been experiencing a bad bug.

I am using a laptop with a Ryzen 5-2500u processor with an AMD 260X graphics card. I am using the latest NWN verison from Steam.

My problem is that when selecting items on the left column often has scrambled text. When I look at an an area or items contained in, there is often a false text listing, until I click on it, where the true text listing is revealed. This bug also occurs when trying the add a new npc from the right column.

This bug does not seem to affect scripts.

I have already fixed/ replaced some scripts that are broken in the Enhanced Edition, namely the Bleed script and the ATS scripts.

I would like to more fully update this classic module and later release it to the public, but this scrambled text bug makes it very difficult to get anything done. I am basically constantly saving and re-opening the toolset, to reset the bug (first selection is usually bug free).

I hope there is a solution for this for AMD users currently, but will try with an Nvidia graphics card in the future...