Skip to content

Custom Kits

LandonLandon Member Posts: 14
Hi. I'm here looking for recommendations on balance with a custom kit / race I'm working on. Not sure if it's something I'll release or just use myself yet, but I would still like a balanced character - not cheesy and not worthless. If it turns out well, I may release it if anyone is interested. The kit is based around a character I want to build, a dhampir vampire hunter. Dhampir, from the monstrous manual.

I'm not sure if I can make a new race or how complicated that might be, but I think the kit won't be a problem.

I've pretty much finished the special abilities for the character - some will be part of the kit and some inherited by the PCs race. I'm looking for information on when to give the abilities, how often new uses / day are made available, spell duration, saves, etc.

She will be much like a mage / thief, but limited only to HiS, MS, and detect illusion for thief abilities and only necromantic magic on the mage side (she will be a worshiper of either Jergal or Velsharoon, but velsharoon is dead so..). She has either been cursed or her mother was a dhampir (50% chance for a dhampir to have dhampir offspring). For her bloodlust, she hates vampires and has vowed to destroy them.

According to the monstrous manual, dhampir's have all the bonuses of being a vampire with none of the weaknesses. That's too OP for so I toned down her resistances, but still maybe not enough. Below is a character sheet I made for her and below that her abilities.

05x1q69mdu3r.png

uau9qhovrzhg.png

Racial Enemy - Vampires (normal ranger bonuses)

Invoke Spirits - This spell will allow the vampire hunter to summon shadows, shadow fiends, and devil shades to fight by her side.

Summon Dead - This spell will allow the vampire hunter to summon zombies, ghouls, ghasts, and at higher levels, mummies and greater mummies to fight by her side.

Bat Form - This will allow the dhampir (who posesses some vampiric powers) to polymorph into a bat. Str and dex are reduced to that of a normal bat (9, 9) while all the other stats stay the same. They will also be under the effects of a haste spell while the bat form lasts.

The bat's bite will drain hit points from whatever it strikes and heal the caster by the amount drained. The target of the vampire bat's attack must make a save vs death at +2 or be paralyzed for 1 round.

Blood Suck - This ability allows the dhampir to drain the life of the target similar to the bat form attack, although for greater amounts of hp (scales with level). The target must save vs spell with a +4 bonus. If the save fails, the target becomes mentally dominated by the dhampir and is under their control for 5 rounds.

Regeneration - Being part vampire, the dhampir naturally regenerates hit points at a rate of 1 / turn.

Any other recommendations on abilities she should have would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance for any help.