Skip to content

Player Characters with Non-PC Racial Type Login as that Race

Hello there,

I am sure most of you know this bug, where if you modify the Racial type of a PC to say Shapechanger they would always login as a Werewolf. Same would be for Monstrous -> Minotaur and Animal to Leopard, etc.

While scripting wise I did find a way to handle such things easily on OnClientEnter, its still not done smoothly and there is a delay until the appearance is rechanged. For Roleplayers this could mean the end of a secret concept, when they crash and relog as Lycanthropes.

Is there perhaps some way to handle it without using the SetRacialAppearanceType() function? Perhaps some way to disable this feature for PCs so they actually keep logging in based on their saved appearance? If not is there anything else that can be done to ensure a smoother operation?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Strife_and_DiscordStrife_and_Discord Member Posts: 17
    One idea that crossed my mind would be the modification of Racialtypes.2da and deleting the Appearance value, which I believe is the Default value. Not sure though if this is the right approach, or how it would impact other systems across the game.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Even so each race has their own default appearance. Depending on your system it might be better to keep changes through racial templates as scripted instead. Otherwise you probably need to multiply the data for each combination i.e. 7 base races, 7 base races with template type change. The issue is that each race row is treated as unique which complicates that as well as subraces and so on.
    @FreshLemonBun thank you
    What will be the impact of deleting the default appearance? Except the Creature Wizard in the toolset?
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I don't really know since it's not something typically done. You should make a copy of the 2da, delete the reference to appearance, place the 2da in your override and see what happen. Report back with the result.

A lot of modding is just about trying stuff and finding out what happens.

I'm assuming that without a reference to appearance it might crash or show no appearance.
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    This is horse system bug. Fixed in community patch.

If you don't have horses in your module, simply avoid using x3_mod_* scripts in module events.
    DerpCityStrife_and_Discord
    Thank you @Shadooow! This was just that.
    We called somewhere in our preenter scripts for HorseIfNotDefaultAppearanceChange(). Commenting this out resolved the issue.

Can you please share abit more about that Community Patch fix though? Just in case we do end up deciding to introduce horses?
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    Can you please share abit more about that Community Patch fix though? Just in case we do end up deciding to introduce horses?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jAo7xE80AF_UKo4DHXBWSGlZ8nqrMVT5Oz3ahPRIpww/edit?usp=sharing

In left menu jump into "Fixes to the 1.69 Horse System", it is in half of the document.
    Strife_and_Discord