Skip to content

Google Chrome Slowdown after quitting BGEE & Whitescreening?

Noticed a couple of strange bits of behaviour that are consistent and repeatable when playing BGEE on my laptop:

Acer Aspire 5552G
AMD Phenom II X4 N930
4GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radieon HD 6470M
Win 7 64bit Home Premium

First, I've noticed that when I run BGEE manually from Baldur.exe (Beamdog client doesn't do anything when I click play), I'll get a white screen for a split second and then the title screen comes on. First time this happened, I wasn't sure if the intro movie had played correctly, so I quit out and loaded up again, with the same white screen, so quit out again, loaded and the third time I did this, there was a much longer white screen with a paler white background behind it and eventually the title screen came on, but i've noticed both the intro movie and sound was choppy. Now, since it always works fine the first time I load up BGEE, this isn't a major issue.

What is more puzzling and annoying is that whenever I quit playing BGEE and load up Google Chrome afterwards or have already had it running but minimized, it will struggle to run and load up webpages, be very laggy and eventually throw up unresponsive page errors and I have to force close and then restart my laptop to get it back to normal again, and the shutdown process seems longer and laggier as well. This has only ever happened with BGEE, never seen this behaviour before with Chrome and it's consistent, both yesterday and today this was happening.

Can anyone else confirm this happening on their systems?