Skip to content

[Question] Server runs on NAS with Linux VM, is linking a Samba drive on NAS in nwn.ini possible?

dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
edited June 2020 in Technical Support
Hello together,
I'm running my PW on a Synergy DS 218+ NAS within a Linux Lite VM (based on Ubuntu). To make developing the module easier, I'm thinking about linking the NAS drives withing the nwn. ini. But I don't know how and if it will work. Has someone experience in such things?
Due I'm new on Linux, I'm a little bit clueless. I'm thankful for every suggestion.
Greets dun

Comments

• nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    nwn will not mount smb for you. You need to mount it on the host and then you can just specify the path like any other.

If the samba server ever goes down though while nwserver is up, it will likely explode violently.
  • dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    edited June 2020
    Thank you @niv I finally got it mounted. Had to do some weired things, but it works. Nwserver and the folders are running on the same machine, so if the folders go down, the server doesn't exist anymore too...
    Its's necessary that it will mount them at start up. I'm digging the net, that must be possible too.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    /etc/fstab:

//a.b.c.d/share /localmountpath cifs credentials=/my/credentials/file,iocharset=utf8,rw,_netdev 0 0
  • dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    edited June 2020
    @niv Found that command in the net. Used it and saved the file. But after a reboot it is in emergency mode... It asks for the admin pw but I don't remember, that I had that changed. My user pw isn't working too. Dunno what went wrong :(
    Good I had taken a snapshot and all my changes saved on a other drive, so I can reload that.