Skip to content

Updating official portrait dlcs with more portraits

I'm aware it's not free work to offer us portrait dlcs, but I would really like to see updated and little bit more stuff there.

Comments

• CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    I don't know what I was expecting... can we expect any content update to all dlcs portrait packs beamdog has mde to their D&D enhancements?
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited June 2020
    Well, it's far easier to just add your own custom portraits into the game. There's a huge variety of portraits out there on the internet for all tastes, so you just have to download the picture, open it in paint (or any similar software), crop it to change the resolution to 210 × 330 square pixels, save it to 24-bit .BMP format, and BAM! You now have your own endless supply of portraits! There's also tons of portrait mods with high quality content in them (and, in my opinion, some are even much better than the official DLC ones), so that's something you should check out.

I don't think it would be profitable, reasonable or even sensible for Beamdog to make another portrait DLC for the IE games, simply because the demand of "paid portrait packs" isn't that much, especially when there's tons of free, high-quality ones.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Cvijeta wrote: »
    I don't know what I was expecting... can we expect any content update to all dlcs portrait packs beamdog has mde to their D&D enhancements?

No we can't. WotC has put a ban on all new content for the EEs. They don't want the older games taking any of the thunder away from Divnity, oh sorry, "BG"3.
    megamike15