Skip to content

[BUG] Slow Movement Speed after importing

NitiNiti Member Posts: 2
Current Behavior: A character I imported from a BG1 Final Save Game (Tutu) is moving very slowly, as if he is slowed down by weight.
Expected Behavior: Imported characters should move at the same speed as newly created ones.

Additional information: The character is a lvl 10 berserker. After the import he still has the helm of balduran (this was probably intended). I'm pretty certain that at the point of saving he was not overloaded. Also i noticed, that in candlekeep when i dual him to a cleric he moves faster again up to the point where i zone into the next area or building, where he is slowed down again.

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Importing BG1 characters is not supported. Too many things have changed in the engine. You would have better luck trying to import a BG2 character. Strip down the character and remove all active effects/spells on the character with either NI or Shadowkeeper. Save. Then try importing it. You will still get some oddities with the imported character.

The best thing to do is to create a new character and try to pattern it to your old character with the CLUA console or NI/Shadowkeep. Instructions for getting SK to run are floating around the forums. Use only effects and spells contained in BGEE.
  • NitiNiti Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice, i will try that. However i played that character using the BG2 engine, via Tutu. And besides, except for the movement bug everything seems to be in order after the importing. So maybe it can be fixed easily.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    You might want to try to fix the movement bug with SK too.