Skip to content

What modules to play as a level 27 non-OC, non-HotU character?

chevalierchevalier Member Posts: 51
I did a big tour of modules, in the style of the 'Hero's Path' from NWvault:

Cormyrean Nights
Trouble in the Ten Towns
Blight on the Barrow
Big Trouble in Littleton
Dark Water's Edge
The Sign of Four
H4 — The Throne of Bloodstone (fixed overlevel by selecting extreme combat difficulty within the module)
Bad Day at Castle Eldath (overlevelled, hence a short run)
Black Thorn
The Island

What could I play now?

A HotU (or OC) sequel would also be OK if you didn't have to actively play the role of the Hero of Waterdeep/Neverwinter. A couple of minor references that could be construed as a 'mistake' would be tolerable.

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    You could try Swordflight Chapter 4 if you're ready for very challenging combat. It's highly-rated. i don't think it matters much if you miss out the earlier modules.
  • rogueknight333rogueknight333 Member Posts: 12
    It is possible to play the various Swordflight chapters independently of each other, but the story line would not make much sense in that case, so I would hesitate to recommend it.

Choices for epic-level modules are unfortunately few, especially so if you want any that are self-contained rather than the conclusion to a series started at lower levels. Your best bet is probably the Sands of Fate trilogy. It is in the right level range, and while meant to be playable by a character who has completed HoTU, it does not actually assume any particular background for your character.