Skip to content

Has something changed? What I doing wrong when installing mods?

BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
edited July 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
Been a long time since played let alone tried to add mods to my BG2:EE game. So I uninstalled the game, re-installed the game. Then tried to add some mods.

First I tried G3 Anniversary mod which seemingly installed with no issues. I unzipped all G3 Mod files into a subfolder titled 'G3 Anniv Mod', copied the Setup file to my '00783' folder (main BG2:EE folder), ran the Setup.exe, chose English and chose to Install the mod. No errors occurred. Then I tried Alternatives. Chose English, then chose 'No' to the Readme and then it asks me to install the following....

Install Component [UNDEFINED STRING: @1]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

If I choose install then I receive the following message...…..

Installing [UNDEFINED STRING: @1] [v14]
FAILURE:
ERROR: charsets were not converted because iconv could not be found in alternatives/iconv
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [UNDEFINED STRING: @1], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 0 files for [ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 0 files for [ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("ERROR: charsets were not converted because iconv could not be found in alternatives/iconv")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.DEBUG and look for support at: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/forum/173-alternatives/
Using Language [English]

Obviously this UNDEFINEDSTRING is not the option I was expecting to install. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?? (I have BG2EE installed via the Beamdog client, not STEAM or GOG.. if that helps….)

My Weidu log....

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~G3ANNIVERSARY/SETUP-G3ANNIVERSARY.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod: v11
[/i][/i][/i][/i]
Post edited by Blades on

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited July 2020
    Blades wrote: »
    Been a long time since played let alone tried to add mods to my BG2:EE game.

Based on this, it could have something to do with new updates to either the BG2:EE version and/or the mods themselves.

I still play with an older (pre-2.0) version of BG2:EE, and many newer mods don't work on it anymore.
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    I have a completely fresh install, up to date/current version. Is there a different way that is required to install mods now? Something I need to edit?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Blades wrote: »
    I have a completely fresh install, up to date/current version. Is there a different way that is required to install mods now? Something I need to edit?

It's possible you need to download an updated version of the mod, or the mod's makers have never updated it for the latest version of the game.