Skip to content

userpatch.ini file for mac

The Patch folder thing like Zwerkules or NWN Revamped work fine on my Windows PC. I have figured out how to install them (actually the Zwerkules patch hack is simple and gives all the files like the userpatch.ini file.

My problem is doing this on my Mac with Catalina on it. Everything I have searched online seems to imply to save as a TEXT file and save as .ini but this doesn't work.

The only thing that DOES work is to copy the ini file from a PC where the working ini file has been made. This worked with Zwerkules. But I am curious if anyone that has a mac knows how to make these patch folder hak things work. NWN Revamped doesn't come with an ini file and if I didn't have a PC handy I would be out of luck. I would like to know the MAC fix from a mac user.
Thanks

Comments

• WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    Windows saves new-lines one way, and Unix (linux and modern Mac OS's) saves new-lines in a different way. At a guess, the game only reads files with the new-lines saved in the Windows way correctly, and therefore isn't dealing well if your Mac-saved file.
    I don't know what options any in-built Mac text editor has, but you need to find a way to save the .ini using windows line endings (CR/LF) not Unix line endings (LF)

Just my guess at cause.
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 65
    The Mac text editor BBEdit (the basic version is free) can switch between LF (Unix), CR/LF (Windows) and CR (legacy Mac) line endings.