Skip to content

[GOG][Win10] OC Requiring Authentication

PaleDimPaleDim Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Technical Support
Installed via GOG, I've been playing OC and SoU for a while.

Separately I had installed premium modules and had them working with the offline authentication generator (possibly unrelated to issue).

Now when I try to load my OC game in chapter 2 it tries to contact the authentication server and hangs forever. The OC should just be using the CD keys, so unclear how such a save can suddenly think it needs to authenticate. I didn't find anything on the forums with a cursory search.

Comments

• SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    I'm assuming you're using NWN:EE and not a player reporting a NWN Diamond error from GOG's NWN Diamond.

There's no authentication for single player. I don't know what the offline authentication generator is, for the premium modules, but as of the 8193 patch from half a year ago, there's not even any encryption on the Premium modules, the PM purchases allow you to download normal modules that you can play.

The official campaign does not use a CD key, the game's CD key is required if you play a multiplayer game (even if it's the official campaign, and you're hosting) inside of the menus after the Multiplayer button in the Main menu.

GOG installs the same NWN:EE as Steam and the Beamdog Client. The major differences are that launching with GOG allows you to have your GOG overlay and status and screenshots and stuff, and launching with Steam allows you to have your Steam overlay and status and screenshots and stuff. Additionally, GOG makes you go to their webpage to get your CD keys because GOG is "Anti-DRM" or something, which is pretty funny since this sounds like you are reporting a DRM issue.

You should report this to the NWN:EE section of Service Desk if you still have this issue. http://support.beamdog.com/