Skip to content

Looking for the most updated list of Mod/NPC/Kits and Installation Order

CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
edited July 2020 in BG:EE Mods
I know it's here somewhere, but I need help. Been searching through the posts and can't find it to save me. Wanna make sure I am current on everything. Thanks, CT
Post edited by CharlestonianTemplar on

Comments

• GabrielMarxsGabrielMarxs Member Posts: 2
    About installation order: I was on the same boat for a while until I randomly found this very useful link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vislrHkbvsqlN0m5jtDxDcSzlnA5D6ABSZy5TG1O8FQ/edit#gid=1194891517 (EE Mod Install Order Guide with 372 mods). It's a shame I don't know who is responsible for the list to give credit for.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    About installation order: I was on the same boat for a while until I randomly found this very useful link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vislrHkbvsqlN0m5jtDxDcSzlnA5D6ABSZy5TG1O8FQ/edit#gid=1194891517 (EE Mod Install Order Guide with 372 mods). It's a shame I don't know who is responsible for the list to give credit for.

That would be @Atherakhia.

There are a bunch of attempts of creating stable EET install order at G3 lately. You may find them helpful:

Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request
    4udr4n's EET PI Multi-Install/
    Back for another playthrough
    Yet Another Thread About A Big BG2EE Install
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855

Very nice. Thank you.
    edited July 2020
    Cahir wrote: »

There are a bunch of attempts of creating stable EET install order at G3 lately. You may find them helpful:

Thanks Cahir. I took a glance at yours - super work. I'll see the others in a bit. 'bout time I checked my work. CT
    Thanks Cahir. I took a glance at yours - super work. I'll see the others in a bit. 'bout time I checked my work. CT

If you want to try different installations (or just plan to reinstall often) I cant recommend enough @ALIEN's Project Infinity. It's maybe a bit hard to learn at first, but if you spend some time to master it, it' s super useful installatuon tool that would save you a lot of time. You can start with installation order file from my topic at G3 and modify it according to your needs.

If you want to try different installations (or just plan to reinstall often) I cant recommend enough @ALIEN's Project Infinity. It's maybe a bit hard to learn at first, but if you spend some time to master it, it' s super useful installatuon tool that would save you a lot of time. You can start with installation order file from my topic at G3 and modify it according to your needs.

Thanks brother. I tried it earlier and messed up, so after one or two more, I gave up. I'll take another look at it. CT

Thanks brother. I tried it earlier and messed up, so after one or two more, I gave up. I'll take another look at it. CT

You just need to remember about two major limitations of PI:
    1. It won't download mods for you (which can be a bit painful if you plan to install, let's say 100+ mods). You need to do it manually *and* then extract all archives. Best way is to download and extract all mods to dedicated folder (ie. Project Infinity Dowloads) and then link this folder in PI options.
    2. It won't order mods for you in correct install order. You need to do it by yourself, using all the guides and other players help. But the links I have provided may save you some time to figure it out. Also the EE Install Guide @GabrielMarxs mentioned may be helpful. Based on those info you need to prepare input file, Install order.txt file (like the one in original post of my topic at G3) which can be use to install, reinstall mods in a very quick manner. This is where PI really shines.

Once realize those two key things, you'll find using PI extremely helpful.

Thank you. I can always count on you to give me a helping hand.