Skip to content

Near Infinity help - Spell icon is different in spellbook than on quickbar?

ForechosenForechosen Member Posts: 8
Hi there,

--

Firstly, I wrote this post a couple of hours ago, and then again a few minutes ago. But I think maybe the forum ate them after attempting to edit them? I can't even see them on my profile. So real apologies if this is a double (or even a triple post!?), but I genuinely hope it's not! I won't even try to edit this one.

--

Right, the issue is - after editing a spell icon in Near Infinity, the new icon is only showing up in my spellbook, everywhere else it's showing the original icon.

What I simply wanted to do was replace the Fire shield (Red)icon, with that of the Summon Fallen Deva icon.

Here's what I've done so far:

- In Near Infinity, created a copy of 'SPWI418.SPL' (Fire Shield (Red)) and named it 'Sorc418'
- Editing 'Sorc418', on the edit tab, I changed the 'Spell icon' row to SPPR727C.BAM (The Summon Fallen Deva icon)
- Updated value, saved and exported to override.
- In Shadowkeeper, added 'Sorc418' to my Sorcerer's spell list.
- Saved, done.

So the problem is as I said above - the only place the new icon is showing up is in the Sorcerer spell book. On the quickbar, and weirdly, in Shadowkeeper too, I am seeing the original blue Fire Shield (Red) icon.

This is completely stumping me, I can't see any other reference to the original spell icon file in the spell information anywhere, so I'm just at a loss of what to do now!

Any help would be hugely appreciated, thank you for reading!

Comments

• NiziNiziNiziNizi Member Posts: 70
    Ok, lets try this.

When you open your new spell file, you changed icon under "Spell icon".

Now, go into Spell ability, open it. Take a look at upper part, there is "Icon". Try to change that also, and see if you get what you want.

Let me know if it worked.
  • ForechosenForechosen Member Posts: 8
    Oh wow, I feel like an idiot now! - yes, under Spell ability(s) there are a million references to the old icon .bam file.

So I've now changed those to SPPR727B.BAM, and amazing, it works perfectly!

Thank you so much for your response, I admit this was completely a case of me simply not reading the screen properly. I could have sworn I couldn't see any more .bam references, and there were loads staring me in the face.

Really, thanks though!

• NiziNiziNiziNizi Member Posts: 70
    Well, it is always good to have "everything under control" by always paying attention, but really you do not have to blame yourself.
    All of us constantly learn more and something new.

Glad you get what you want. GL with your modding.