Skip to content

Multiplayer can not see other players

1. Host creates a game.
2. Client 1 joins the game, everything seems fine.
3. Client 2 joins the game. Client 2 can see client 1 and the host. But client 1 cannot see client 2 (it looks like the character belongs to the host).

We've tried all different combinations of hosts and clients (3 people) and the problem is the same either way.

I imagine this would continue in the same way if there were more people.

What's the problem, how can you not catch a bug like this in testing?

We all know how to forward ports so don't give us some VPN crap because it won't help and it shouldn't be needed for a new game like this. (We actually tried hamachi aswell and it didn't make a difference..)

Comments

• calacecalace Member Posts: 3
    I have the same problem. We made it work untill another bug disconnected one of our members then the problem arose again. We have a theory that if everyone turns of the fire walls and forward the port it may work more often. Other than that it's trial and error.
  • BluestreamBluestream Member Posts: 2
    Yeah everyone already has their port forwarded (since everyone has already tried to host). Our firewalls are also already off. But you say you made it work? Have you been able to repeat it afterwards or was it a one time thing?
  • calacecalace Member Posts: 3
    It was more or less one time. we had 2 port forwarded me (as host) and one other. we saw the 3rd player but he could not see the 2nd player. we then had the third player turn of his firewall (ingame) and we could all see eachother and interact with one another. unfortunatly our game session got terminated when someone disconnected while speaking to a inn keeper. this created a bug that made us unavaliable to do anything due to a "a dialog is about to start" message. And now were trying to recreate the scenario that triggerd the whole bug fix scene.