I'm just about to start a SoA play through after completing BG and SoD. During those I'd picked up a bunch of cool items - not just the SoD ones, but some from other mods (notably Thalantyr's item upgrades, song & silence).
I'd like to bring some of this stuff across and was thinking about where they should be (note, this might not be anything as advanced as an actual mod and might just be a hand-waving cluaconsole or shadowkeeper thing).
I think broadly there are a few places that stuff may have got to -
1) Still in chateau Irenicus (like the Golden Pantaloons) - I can imagine certain items of special interest were kept for research, or just to brighten the place up.
2) In one of the local shops - as Imoen says "they probably sold our stuff"
3) On one of the Athkatla residents- maybe they bought it, maybe they found it, maybe they got it as payment for helping Jon
4) On someone outside of Athkatla - same applies I guess, but more restrictive when thinking about how did this person get this item?
5) Gone completely - it was destroyed, hidden, or it was taken by someone who has left the region
There's also the question of if the item is truly unique - Shadow Armor is, per description, made for Shadowmasters so presumably there are "lots" of them, finding a set doesn't mean it's the same one that charname bought in Beregost; However Practical Defense IS unique ("it was commissioned by... ") so if I found that, I can assume it was the same one Khalid had worn previously (obviously in my game at least and I'm fairly certain that particular piece of armor doesn't exist in SoA).
There are a few specific pieces I'd really like early on that shouldn't be too overpowered, but I can also appreciate the story of starting again with almost nothing. Having everything available within close proximity would be sill
Anyone got any thoughts on this?