Skip to content

How can I safely use a lot of mods at the same time?

lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
I fucked my previous game right before fighting Melissan and I was playing the whole trilogy :(

I always use SCS and ascension. I think my fatal error was using them with the EET edition of the longer road. I was actually fairly conservative with the ToB portion of mods, because just about everything else was for BG and BG2.

Would it help if I avoided using mods that are old? I'm kind of interested in modding out BG1 with stuff like dark side of the coast which I hear is still supported today and because it has almost nothing in it by default, and I'd be interested in any BG2 quest mods that are as experience and loot rich enough that I can feel free to simply skip any of the normal quests. Also like NPC mods, and I'm interested in going evil but not Dorns brand of stupid evil. Also I'm interested in the Sandrah saga if only because it lets the fun continue after ToB, and maybe there will be other things in it that I like but I played a very early version of it and it is said to have changed a lot.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Anything that is still supported or designed to work with 2.5 should be fine. I wouldn't use any mods pre-dating EE that haven't been updated to work with the EEs.
    For the most part, proper install order is the best way to avoid issues.
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    Could the EE install tool have ordeted it wrong?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I don't know. I've never been able to get an installer to work properly. Some installers require you to order the install yourself, and the others are horribly outdated. So its possible you assumed that the installer auto-ordered it for you when it didn't. But I don't know enough about them to really say.