Skip to content

Edgy bard build help

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
So I’m very familiar with 3.X but not with NWN1. After completing the OC a few years back I’ve been turned off from the game but with the iOS release I want to try again. So I’ve been in a Necromancer bard mood and since the PRC, and thereby dirgesinger, isn’t available on iOS I want to make something similar.

I’m either playing SotU into HotU or Darkness over Daggerford into Tyrants of the Moonsea. I haven’t decided which yet but both will be new experiences.

My plan currently is a CE gnome (flavor reasons) bard 16. Then go 15 pale master while sprinkling in 4 levels of Blackguard, making sure Blackguard 3 and 4 fall on feat levels to get divine might and divine shield. While starting with 13 str for power attack/cleave I’ll either focus on dex or charisma I think.

A guide I read said 16 bard is a good jump point for a bard because the bard song is best then. 15 pale master is for epic spells, undead summoning, and defensive buffs, and then BG for the before mentioned divine feats. Other feats I’ll take are Curse song, weapon finesse (if I pump dex over cha), lingering song, and idk what else.

13 str
14 dex
10 con
14 int
8 wis
16 cha

are what I’m looking at for starting stats. I’m open to critique and suggestions since again I’m not too familiar with NWN.

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Another way would be to mix up Bard with Cleric. Death and Knowledge would be a nice fit as domains for such a build idea. Charisma is also equally useful for both classes, making maxing out that stat rather appealing in this case. It certainly would help the Edgy Bard to have more power over undead that way.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Hmmm, I guess I need to also consider ignoring normal 3.x build conventions since normally doing something like that would be awful, but then again 3e was prob intended for you to run things multiclass builds like that despite what optimization ended up being. I'd have to boost wis though prob at the cost of int and thereby skill points, hmmmmm