Skip to content

A weird sound problem has developed with the game (and IWD: EE)

I play BG 2: EE and IWD: EE on my laptop, which is hooked up to my TV.

For some reason, when I play either of the games, I’m now getting no sound on my TV. If I attach headphones to my laptop, so I’m getting the sound through them and not the TV, I get sound, even though the game is still on the TV. If I’m playing on my laptop, I get the sound on my laptop just fine.

I get the sound on my TV when I’m playing other games or watching videos or doing anything else on my laptop. The problem only happens with BG 2: EE and IWD: EE. I’ve made no changes to any settings, either on my laptop, with the TV, or with the games. The problem seems to have happened out of nowhere.

Given that this problem only happens with BG 2: EE and IWD: EE, it seems like it’s something to do with the games, but I’ve got no idea what it could be. And if it is the TV, I’ve likewise got no idea what it could be.

Comments

• AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    Wow. Are you using a picture of me? Weird.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Are your sound drivers up to date? I get this problem occasionally if I want to watch something online and hook it up to the tv.
  • ANOFANOF Member Posts: 70
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Are your sound drivers up to date?

Yes, they are.
  • ANOFANOF Member Posts: 70
    An update.

I was able to start IWD: EE and the sound was fine, but this appears to have been a one-off as it has not happened again, with either game.

However, with BG2: EE, moving from one area to another now causes the sound to come back to normal, and the sound remains normal when I keep moving between areas.

I don't know what this means exactly, but I'm guessing it means the issue is with the games after all.