Skip to content

Add Feats

Is there any way to add feats to a character other than Leto, be it through modules or console command? I couldn't find any. Leto is not an option for me as I am a Mac user. Thanks.

Comments

• ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    Yes, it is called levelling up ;-)
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,268
    It's not difficult to script in the toolset (see Toolset Manual on Neverwinter Vault if you never used it before).

Open any module (I prefer to make a new module to hold my utility scripts). Make a new script. Call it e.g. add_feat.
    void main()
    {
      object oPC   = OBJECT_SELF;
      object oSkin = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_CARMOUR, oPC);

if (!GetIsObjectValid(oSkin))
        oSkin=GetItemPossessedBy(oPC, "x3_it_pchide");

if (!GetIsObjectValid(oSkin))
        oSkin = CreateItemOnObject("x3_it_pchide", oPC);

if (!GetHasFeat(FEAT_PLAYER_TOOL_01, oPC))
        AddItemProperty(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, ItemPropertyBonusFeat(IP_CONST_FEAT_PLAYER_TOOL_01), oSkin);
    }

Change FEAT_PLAYER_TOOL_01 and IP_CONST_FEAT_PLAYER_TOOL_01 to the constants for the feat you require. You can find them by searching in the Constants tab of the script editor.

With the toolset still open, copy the file add_feat.ncs from the folder modules/temp0 to the override folder.

Now when you play any module, you have a Debug Mode command

##dm_runscript add_feat

Save the character after running the script.
    Illustair
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Oh nice!! I wonder why they didn't add that as console command in the first place. In NWN2, we have that. However, that means I have to purchase the desktop version though...maybe soon. I also still have to tidy up my storage space to download NWNEE and install it on desktop. But that's really cool to know! Will do that as soon as I can. Many thanks.

But if anyone has or can point out a module with that script installed and would be so kind as to share it, I'd really appreciate it. Anyway, this is for RP purposes and not really for powergaming.
    I found the following on another site - haven't verified it.
    Enable the dm_giveXP 803500 cheat code. Choose your classes, attributes, skills, and feats. Enable the dm_giveXP -803500 cheat code. Your level will be reduced to 1 but you will have the skills and attributes there.
    Illustair
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Unfortunately, I don’t think it works. Skills and feats revert as well. But thanks anyway
  • RandomStrangerRandomStranger Member Posts: 10
    Proleric wrote: »
    Change FEAT_PLAYER_TOOL_01 and IP_CONST_FEAT_PLAYER_TOOL_01 to the constants for the feat you require. You can find them by searching in the Constants tab of the script editor.

Save the character after running the script.

This won't work unfortunately. Not in a direct sense. You will be able to "add a feat" which is a valid feat allowed to be placed on the item. However far from just any feat is allowed there. You won't be able to just use any feat constant in there and as such it's not a solution that works in general.

I mean - come on, this sounds like a trivial thing for scripting to achieve? I am stumbled by the fact there's ... no AddFeat or anything similar? Has anyone figured it out?
    Well, it does work, in most cases, but of course there are exceptions to the feats that can be added to a skin.

What feat are you trying to add?
  • AceonAceon Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2023
    This is helpful to know that there is no console command for "dm_givefeat" - similar to the "givefeat" command in NVN2. I was trying to fix my Samurai character from the PRC. I am going for Iaijutsu Master PrC, and Samurai get the skill: Iajutsu Focus as a class skill. That means they can use that skill at 1st level. After a few days of playing and at 4th level now...so far I have not been able to figure out how to use the skill. I found someone's advice on using the "Iaijutsu Strike" action as an Iaijutsu Master PrC and I think the game is set so that no one besides an Iaijutsu Master can use the Iajutsu Focus skill. Which sucks because my Samurai has a low Strength because I need high Int & Cha for IM and and IM is unarmored so figure get Monks AC also, so need a high Wis also. So the character at low levels is horribly MAD (multiple attribute dependencies).

I figured if I could find a way to console command "give feat" then I could fix my Samurai by allowing him the use of the IM exclusive skill "Iaijutsu Attack" - because it is NOT supposed to be IM exclusive only.

From the conversation here it seems like this will not be an option.

Does anyone have a list of feats from the feats.2da file - from the expanded files from the PRC?

Any advice on how to modify the Samurai class to correctly use the skill will be very much appreciated.

Thank you!