Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How do you use peaceable models for creatures?

I’ve seen it done before, I just have no idea how to accomplish it.

I wanted to make a Hangman’s Tree using a tree model and improved whirlwind...

Comments

• AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 149
    Have you considered using the DLA Treant model?

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/prefab/creature/dla-treant

Besides that, to make a placeable into a creature you just need to add an entry for it in appearance.2da and put it into a hak. For example, if your tree model was named pl_tree01 you would:

1.open appearance.2da with a good text editor
    2.go to line 200, where it says arch_target, and copy the whole line
    3. replace an unused line with your copy of line 200, changing the line number to match
    4. replace the references to arch_target, archtarget, and c_archtarget with pl_tree01, the name of your model
    5. save the modified file and add it to a custom hak associated with your module

• ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 10
    edited August 25
    The more common and easy way to do it is under the basic tab, there is an appearance menu. The list is huge, but I found things like combat dummy and table. You may not be able to find a tree, but that's how I've seen it done with no haks required.

• meaglynmeaglyn Member Posts: 77
    That's because combat dummy and table already have appearance.2da entries. If you want something else you likely need to add it.

Zwerkules