Skip to content

A list of bugs

MinscandBooMinscandBoo Member Posts: 77
edited February 2013 in Fixed
Preamble: In the key assignment page, I cannot locate the slot that would replace (single) attack which is currently assigned to F2. I see Group Attack as assignable, but I would like to reassign single attack to bash open chests, etc as I am currently thiefless. Notwithstanding the above, please see list of bugs so far:

1. No matter what I assign 'A' to, it will currently still only toggle AI. I see it physically no longer assigned to AI, and assigned to (another slot), but the AI is still toggling on and off as I select 'A' with nothing else happening. I haven't tested with other letters already preassigned as I would rather be playing than beta testing.

2. The tooltip for 'Help' (?) is showing as 'Sleep', as is 'Sleep' right below (so 2 'sleep' tooltips')

3. Graphical glitch: after activating the tooltip for AI, part of the graphics remain on the left side of it:
http://imageshack.us/a/img803/9844/baldr001.jpg

4. I find the story scrolls and books to be quite blurry (as if I needed glasses). I've reset my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 to 'factory settings' as I've seen somebody suggest on the boards but still the same. (As intended?)
http://imageshack.us/a/img43/2254/baldr002blurry.jpg

5. Perhaps not a bug, but I'm sure an oversight: In the 'Key Assignment' page you cannot grab the side bar button, nor mousewheel, nor 'grab the page' to scroll up or down as you can with the Journal. You need to manually click on the up/down arrows.

That is all for now.

Edit: Oh yeah, and seriously... Who came up with the 'greyed out' backpack?? For those playing the game for 14 years (which I assume count for a "fair amount") this is an eye sore to always think your bag is full. I don't mind change to the original game when it's for improvement, but what exact purpose does this change serve??
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• MinscandBooMinscandBoo Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2012
    Bug #6. I just tried to use a map note (to confirm an already discussed bug) at Mirianne's house in Beregost and it crashed to desktop. My game has been crash free up until this action.

Edit: re-tried it without using 'Shift' to capitalize first letter and it worked...

Edit #2: Just tried tagging another house. This time it crashed to desktop as soon as I right clicked.

Edit #3: Got the window to open up this time after right clicking. started typing with no 'shift' to capitalize and it crashed... this is a *serious* bug.
    Post edited by MinscandBoo on
  • AstronAstron Member Posts: 2
    I also have 4: very blurry text in scrolls and item descriptions.
    Has anybody seen a dev on this Bug Board? I would really hate to just spend time typing out these bugs to get zero attention. The Key Assignment and Map Note bug are a major problem for me to keep playing.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    The developers know about the tooltip problem (both for the help button and the after-effect glitch).

The blurry text is due to the font (it has shadows), we can probably ask the developers to remove the shadows in a future patch.

And the map crash is being dealt with already.

The developers have been looking at the bug board (but probably not in the last hours) but they need to rest too.
    Thanks mate. Do you know anything about my bug #1? I'd really like to assign 'A' to 'attack', and not AI.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I don't know how to help you with that one. Have you tried using one of the F keys?
    I'm not certain what you mean. Currently my weapon in is the second slot (F2). So if I want to bash a chest or manually attack someone, I need to press F2 or click on the icon. I would like to assign this action to 'A' instead of F2. My question is 2 fold: Which slot in the 'Key Assignment' tab should I try this with? I find it unclear. I cannot find a corresponding action on the actions page (only Group Attack, which is not what I want) and the quickslots section is unclear as to what does what as the action does not have it's corresponding F key associated to the action displayed. Notwithstanding this, no matter what I do with the 'A' key, like assigning it to Formation Slot 1 as it's currently set to, it will not change my formation and continues to toggle off AI.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I think all of these have been fixed.