Skip to content

Endings (spoilers)

So i just eat ToB with Neera (romance), Imoen, Jaheira, Sarevok, and Viconia.
It seemes like the prologue for about everyone except Imoen did not end on a very happy note. I wanted to stay with Neera but she ups and leaves me, so i doubt CHARNAME is happy, Neera idk how she feels, Viconia ended up in countless failed military endeavors, Sarevok and Jaheira just get depressed due to ptsd and i guess Sarevok lost his ambition in life.
So do many npcs have actual happy prologues? Ive heard the ending with Fem Charname and Anomen romance ends on a good note. Ive beaten the series before with a haer Dhalis, Valygar, and Minsc. But none of them are ringing a bell.

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Big Spoilers to follow, naturally. From the ones I can remember...

- Jaheira has a happy ending if you romance her.
    - Minsc and Boo continue having numerous adventures before one day returning to their beloved Rashemen. However, expect this ending to be changed/retconned by BG3...
    - Edwin spends his days working in a dive-y tavern after a magical duel with Elminster goes very badly for him.
    - Korgan eventually dies as he lived, surrounded by ludicrous amounts of blood and carnage.
    - Viconia's ending is bittersweet if you romance her, as she falls foul of Lolth's personal attention.
    - Nalia has a decently happy ending. She takes up a role as one of Athkatla's most powerful advisory nobles and uses her position, along with her magic, to greatly uplift and improve the life for the city's poor.
    - Aerie has a happy ending if you romance her. If not, I believe she eventually returns home to her people, but finds herself unable to truly fit back in and eventually returns to the adventuring life.
    - I've modded Imoen far too much to remember what was her original ending. XD
    - Jan's ending is fairly happy. He eventually goes back to Athkatla and marries his sweetheart.
    - Mazzy is celebrated as a hero among her people, and her deeds inspire many halflings to take up a life fighting the good fight. I believe she eventually founds an order that gives rise to the first halfling paladins when 3rd Ed hits.
    - Hexxat has a happy ending if you romance her, I believe.
    - Dorn does NOT have a happy ending. (But did we ever expect otherwise?)
    - Rasaad, like Viconia, has mostly bittersweet endings.

I don't really remember the epilogues of most of the others as I wound up barely using them.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Imoen has a happy ending by default. She returns to Candlekeep for a while, but it no longer feels like a challenge, so she hangs out with famous people for a while, then starts a thieves guild. Allegedly.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Valygar has a happy one and I think one of his kids reforms the Cowled Wizards.

Keldorn goes down fighting as a hero in old age and is celebrated by Torm.
    Maurvir wrote: »
    Imoen has a happy ending by default. She returns to Candlekeep for a while, but it no longer feels like a challenge, so she hangs out with famous people for a while, then starts a thieves guild. Allegedly.

Yeah I always found the thieves guild thing a bit weird.

I hate Rasaad’s endings.

It would have been nice if all the endings had been a bit more personal if you stayed a mortal e.g. you actually continue to hang around together a bit.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Calling Rasaad and Viconia's ending bittersweet is an interesting way of looking at it. I see it more as being royally screwed by a dibolus ex machina for no reason other than what was probably a tragedy quota or something.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I considered Viconia's ending bittersweet in that she did manage to find some years of happiness with Charname, but eventually the evils of her past finally catch up with her.

Rasaad's endings are not what one could call happy, but in his "good" endings, he nonetheless manages to find what most monks seek their entire lives; enlightenment. He is either at peace with himself during his confrontation with the Sun Souls, or he finds purpose in the Twofold Path, as heretical as it is. In either case, enlightenment often teaches that happiness is transient anyway, while inner peace is eternal, and not something that can be affected by outside factors. To an enlightened monk, the difference between a happy ending or a sad ending is irrelevant; they are both endings, the conclusion of a life's story.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    If there was any kind of good lore reason for the sad endings, that might be fine. But they are straight up diabolus ex machina. Viconia is an epic level cleric, but somehow:
    She is killed by an "uncurable" poison? I call bull.

Rasaad's endings are even worse because they require:
    the sun soul monks to be utter morons, Selune letting one of her most powerful and devoted followers be murdered by others that follow her, or Alorgoth somehow Worfing Rasaad AND Charname to death.

They aren't bittersweet, they force everyone involved to be incompetent to force an unnatural tragedy.
    Wow, I've never played through ToB with either Viconia or Rasaad, but if I saw those endings, I would be ticked off.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    those are not their normal endings. those are their romance endings.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited August 2020
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Big Spoilers to follow, naturally. From the ones I can remember...

- Jaheira has a happy ending if you romance her.
    - Minsc and Boo continue having numerous adventures before one day returning to their beloved Rashemen. However, expect this ending to be changed/retconned by BG3...
    - Edwin spends his days working in a dive-y tavern after a magical duel with Elminster goes very badly for him.
    - Korgan eventually dies as he lived, surrounded by ludicrous amounts of blood and carnage.
    - Viconia's ending is bittersweet if you romance her, as she falls foul of Lolth's personal attention.
    - Nalia has a decently happy ending. She takes up a role as one of Athkatla's most powerful advisory nobles and uses her position, along with her magic, to greatly uplift and improve the life for the city's poor.
    - Aerie has a happy ending if you romance her. If not, I believe she eventually returns home to her people, but finds herself unable to truly fit back in and eventually returns to the adventuring life.
    - I've modded Imoen far too much to remember what was her original ending. XD
    - Jan's ending is fairly happy. He eventually goes back to Athkatla and marries his sweetheart.
    - Mazzy is celebrated as a hero among her people, and her deeds inspire many halflings to take up a life fighting the good fight. I believe she eventually founds an order that gives rise to the first halfling paladins when 3rd Ed hits.
    - Hexxat has a happy ending if you romance her, I believe.
    - Dorn does NOT have a happy ending. (But did we ever expect otherwise?)
    - Rasaad, like Viconia, has mostly bittersweet endings.

I don't really remember the epilogues of most of the others as I wound up barely using them.

These are my notes paraphrasing the epilogues:
    Anomen Creates new holy order in Maztica
    Cernd Chooses duty over son, son despises him and they kill each other
    Dorn Never going to see an epilogue, not a happy end in sight
    Edwin Edwina tends a Waterdeep bar
    Jan Stuff happens
    Keldorn Dies in battle, spirit taken by Torm
    Korgan Dies in Drow-Duergar war in Underdark
    Mazzy Founds knighthood
    Minsc Returns home, founds adventuring group, disappears in old age
    Neera Wanders the Realms
    Rasaad Never going to see an epilogue, not a happy end in sight
    Valygar Becomes Chief Inspector of Athkatla, son reforms the Cowled Wizards
    Imoen Becomes powerful Archmage and Thief Guildleader, having mischievous plots across the realms
    Sarevok Wanders the Realms, retires to Kara-Tur to mourn his misdeeds and lost love Tamoko

NPCs not included in the above list are ones I've edited the epilogues of, so I don't have a paraphrase of their default epilogues. Going by memory, Viconia's ending is probably better if you don't romance her, Jaheira's is better if you do romance her, and Aerie's is kind of a tossup which is a better ending, maybe slightly more the romance ending.

I think you can get a happy ending for Rasaad but the steps required to get there strain credulity
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i think it's by doing his quest in a a way that makes it so he can never rejoin the party.
  • minsc4prezminsc4prez Member Posts: 105
    Damn, Bioware really hated Cernd and Beamdog hates their new characters lol. Even the somewhat "good" ending for Neera is really lackluster.
    Then again looking at Mass Effect 3, and Dragon Age Origins, i guess they dont like to write just a happy ending, always got to be ambiguous.
    megamike15 wrote: »
    i think it's by doing his quest in a a way that makes it so he can never rejoin the party.

I thought he rejoined if you speak to him again

ilduderino wrote: »
    megamike15 wrote: »

I thought he rejoined if you speak to him again

I haven't had him ever ask to rejoin the party once he takes over the temple.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    ArthasII wrote: »
    @Quickblade hey, would you mind releasing your edited epilogues?

Well they're a messy blend of several mods, starting point being Shawnee's epilogues from Ascension, then added in from elsewhere, such as the NPC Flirtpack.

Nalia uses the Auren mod epilogue as an NPC-NPC romance.

Cernd default epilogue:
    With his guidance no longer needed, Cernd left <CHARNAME>'s company and reunited with his son, Ahsdale. His duty to nature constantly called him away, however, and the boy grew bitter. Years later, Cernd attained the title of Great Druid but stopped the ascension when he learned that his long-estranged child now wielded twisted magics and commanded an army threatening the Sword Coast. Cernd abdicated, citing that he could not hold such responsibility when he had been so grossly deficient in his personal obligations. Neither Cernd nor Ahsdale would survive when they finally met in battle. They were strangers to each other, and the only common ground they found was where they fell, a spot that gave rise to a wondrous oak that turns the gravest of reds at season's change.

Ascension Cernd default epilogue:
    ~Cernd left the adventuring life to return to his grove in Tethyr, promising to take up his responsibility and raise his son, Ahsdale, as he believed a father should. Cernd would eventually become the Grand Druid and make a name for himself throughout the realms by not only fighting for the balance of his grove but in protecting the sanctity of life in all realms and in all peoples. Cernd would discover in time, to his regret, that in his attention to his duty he had forgotten his promise to Ahsdale. His son had left the grove long before and Cernd learned that Ahsdale had become an evil and twisted wizard in command of a power that threatened the Sword Coast. Determined that this was his burden alone to face, Cernd solemnly abdicated as Grand Druid and sought out his son. He engaged in many battles with the forces of his son, wielding the forces of nature with a great fierceness that would be regarded as legendary by all who saw it. Cernd finally confronted Ahsdale himself deep in the Forest of Tethyr, and made a final effort to convince him to turn away from his path. Ahsdale refused, and Cernd fought his only son in a long and terrible battle that eventually saw both of their deaths. With his last breath, Cernd would crawl along the ground to clasp Ahsdale's dead hand, tears flowing down his face as he begged his son's forgiveness. Cernd's spirit would enter that of a great oak within the forest, and it is believed that this immortal oak still stands, and that around it has grown a wondrous grove of great beauty that is home to the rarest of the Realm's magical creatures. Each fall the great oak and the grove around it would turn the grimmest shade of red, a reminder that even the most flawed amongst us may eventually find their balance.~

Shawnee's Cernd epilogue:
    ~With his guidance no longer needed, Cernd left <CHARNAME> and reunited with his son Ahsdale. But his duty to nature constantly called him away, and the boy grew bitter and resentful. Years later, Cernd attained the title of Grand Druid, only to stop the ceremony when he learned that his long-estranged child now wielded twisted magics which threatened the Sword Coast. Cernd solemnly abdicated his position, declaring that he could not hold such responsibility when he had been so grossly negligent in his personal obligations. Deep in the forests of Tethyr, the druid made a final effort to appeal to his son. But they were strangers to each other, and neither would survive when they finally met in battle. The only common ground between father and son was the spot where they fell, and where a wondrous oak now stands. It turns the deepest shades of red at season's change, a reminder that balance sometimes comes at a terrible cost.~

My Cernd edit:
    @4005 = ~With his guidance no longer needed, Cernd left <CHARNAME> and returned to his grove, promising to take up his responsibility and raise his son, Ahsdale. But his duty to nature constantly called him away, and in his attention to that he had forgotten his promise to Ahsdale. The boy grew resentful and bitter, and eventually left the grove. Years later, Cernd attained the title of Grand Druid, only to stop the ceremony when he learned that his long-estranged son had become twisted, an evil wizard who used magic to foul and corrupt nature, threatening the Sword Coast. Determined that this was his burden alone to face, Cernd solemnly abdicated, declaring that he could not hold such responsibility when he had been so grossly negligent in his personal obligations, left, and sought out his son. He engaged in many battles with the forces of his son, before they finally met deep in the Forest of Tethyr, and made a final effort to convince him to turn away from his path. But they were strangers to each other, and neither would survive when they fought. As he lay dying, Cernd would beg for forgiveness as he hugged the dead body of his son. A great oak now stands where the two died, and it turns the deepest shades of red at season's change, a reminder that balance sometimes comes at a terrible cost.~

Imoen default:
    And what of Imoen, the eternal child? She had long stood in the shadow of <CHARNAME>, but she was her own person and would find her fate where she pleased. She returned to Candlekeep for a time, her formidable skill in magic granting a greater appreciation for its tomes. It was smaller than she remembered, however, and she did not stay long. Later, she was seen in such vaunted company as Khelben "Blackstaff" and Elminster, by all accounts encouraging them to not be such stick-in-the-muds. Her influence grew over time, and she may have founded a thieves' guild that now operates all the way to Neverwinter. When asked of this, she always answered with a smile of purest innocence. "Heya," she would say, "it's just me, Imoen."

Shawnee Imoen:
    ~And what of the eternally-playful Imoen? She had long stood in the shadow of <CHARNAME>, and had endured much, but her spirit never broke. Free of her father's legacy, she struck out on her own and briefly returned to Candlekeep. Her formidable knowledge of magic allowed a deeper appreciation of the great library, but it seemed smaller than she remembered, and she did not stay long. Imoen would use different names throughout her life, and was the subject of many a tall tale - perhaps the most memorable claiming that she'd picked the pocket of Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun, leading him on a merry magical chase across Faerûn that lasted four months. Another rumor claimed she'd founded a thieves' guild that ran the length and breadth of the entire Sword Coast, from Nashkel to Neverwinter. But when asked of such things, she would always answer with a smile of purest innocence: "Heya, it’s just me, Imoen."~

My Imoen edit:
    ~And what of the eternally-playful Imoen? She had long stood in the shadow of <CHARNAME>, and had endured much, but her spirit never broke. Free of her father's legacy, she struck out on her own and briefly returned to Candlekeep. Her formidable knowledge of magic allowed a deeper appreciation of the great library, but it seemed smaller than she remembered, and she did not stay long. Imoen would use different names throughout her life, and was the subject of many a tall tale. While she was known to be later seen as friends in the company of both Elminster and Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun, one tale was that she had picked the pockets of one of them, leading to a merry magical chase across Faerûn that lasted four months. Whether that story was true or not, she is known to have said aloud that they shouldn't be such stick-in-the-muds. Another rumor claimed she'd founded a thieves' guild that ran the length and breadth of the entire Sword Coast, from Nashkel to Neverwinter. But when asked of such things, she would always answer with a smile of purest innocence: "Heya, it’s just me, Imoen."~

My Jaheira edit blends in from the NPC Flirtpack.

Jaheira (romance) default:
    The years following the Bhaalspawn saga were kind to Jaheira. They couldn't be called peaceful by any means, but her relationship with <CHARNAME> weathered it all. Theirs was an unshakable union, and while duty or adventure might separate them for even years at a time, they always returned to one another. Her friends would marvel at how secure in this Jaheira seemed to be, especially considering her initial reluctance, but she would chuckle when thinking back on those first cautious days. After all, she and <CHARNAME> had literally been to the Hells and back, and when the gods themselves couldn't separate the two, what were simple months and miles going to do? She lived long and well. Not always with <CHARNAME>, but never truly apart from him.

Shawnee Jaheira romance:
    ~The years following the Bhaalspawn Crisis were kind to Jaheira. They couldn't be called peaceful by any means, but her relationship with <CHARNAME> weathered each challenge. Theirs was an unshakable union, and while duty or adventure might separate them for a time, they would inevitably return to one another. Their friends marveled at the certainty of their bond, especially considering Jaheira's initial reluctance to be with <CHARNAME>. But she would chuckle when thinking back on those first cautious days: after all, they had literally been to the Hells and back, and if the gods themselves couldn't separate the two, what were simple months and miles? Jaheira became known as a great heroine and mediator, finding success in Neverwinter, Rashemen, the southern steppes and even the jungles of Chult. She lived long and well, not always at <CHARNAME>'s side or sharing in his victories, but never truly apart from him.~

Jaheira romance (NPC flirtpack, one of the possible endings):
    ~Melissan was destroyed, and <CHARNAME> was purged of his Bhaal taint. Jaheira and her lover shared in blissful release, but the victory did not bring the clean slate Jaheira had hoped for. At first, Jaheira attributed the unease to the process of coping with <CHARNAME>'s decision--though it was made of his own free will, his very essence had been altered, and it took some time for both of them to truly come to terms with the magnitude of the victories they had won fighting for his life.
    They both felt a sense that something was missing--not between them, as they only grew closer as the dust settled. No, they belonged to each other, but the world seemed smaller and more confining somehow, even more petty and less tolerant than it had before their fateful abduction at the hands of Irenicus. To spark their imaginations, Jaheira encouraged <CHARNAME> to tie up the loose ends they had left behind in Tethyr and Amn, but after a time, both agreed that the work felt empty somehow. It was as though the world refused to keep pace with them. They were together, but alone besides.
    After some wandering and soul-searching, the two decided to embrace their solitude and build a life in the Grey Forest of Impiltur. Finding a way to respectfully coexist with the grand trees that had once been the rightful moon elf inhabitants of that forest appealed greatly to Jaheira, who was deeply touched at the reminder of how closely people might bond with nature.
    Despite their best efforts to find a secluded area protected by the magic of the elf-trees, the hobgoblins that soiled the forest would occasionally test their resolve. They could hardly expect to stand against <CHARNAME> and Jaheira, especially not among the elements where she could fight in righteous fury for hours without tiring, and in time, the two were free to live unmolested. Seasons passed, and Jaheira felt the soothing calm of nature's balance in her bones, and the warmth of <CHARNAME>'s love in her blood.
    Still, isolation proved difficult for her, although she was reluctant to admit it. As much as she was nature's servant, at heart she took pleasure in changing the lives of others. Although visitors were not entirely unheard of--an old comrade on occasion, a few dedicated favor-seekers, the occasional chance wanderer--there was no substitute for community, and she keenly felt its absence. Yet the mainstream still held nothing for them. The solution was to build.
    So they did--up, rather than out, the pair worked to build a new civilization among the trees of the Grey Forest, to build a place hospitable for other seekers who could not find satisfaction and who wished to return to nature's embrace. They came slowly, respectfully, by invitation only, and rather in awe of treading too clumsily into the paradise <CHARNAME> and Jaheira had built for one another. Over time, the tree city became a thing of legend, where seekers were said to travel to but never wished to leave. In truth, very few were even allowed to find the settlement--the elf-born trees saw to that.
    Jaheira, that unique blending of the best qualities of elf and human, and of nature and culture, never lost her touch as the perfect foil to <CHARNAME>'s impulses, desires, strengths, and shortcomings. In the west, they were long remembered for their power and influence. In the Grey Forest, they became founders, builders, and visionaries, whose tribute to the interplay between nature and humankind lasted for generations.~

My Jaheira edit:
    ~The years following the Bhaalspawn Crisis were kind to Jaheira. They couldn't be called peaceful by any means, but her relationship with <CHARNAME> weathered each challenge. Theirs was an unshakable union, which was good, because Jaheira would not shy from her duty to aid others. And as the powerful heroes of Tethyr, Amn, and the Sword Coast, requests for help were common. So, while duty or adventure might separate them for a time, they would inevitably return to one another. Their friends marveled at the certainty of their bond, especially considering Jaheira's initial reluctance to be with <CHARNAME>. But she would chuckle when thinking back on those first cautious days. After all, they had literally been to the Hells and back, and if the gods themselves couldn't separate the two, what were simple months and miles? After some years working with the Harpers across all Faerûn, Jaheira eventually left over a dispute. Alone again, the pair decided to retire and build a life in the Grey Forest of Impiltur. Though they had to spend some months to clear the forest of hobgoblins despoiling it, they did find a secluded area protected by the magic of the elf-trees. Seasons passed, and Jaheira felt the soothing calm of nature's balance in her bones, and the warmth of <CHARNAME>'s love in her blood. Still, isolation proved difficult for her, although she was reluctant to admit it. Although visitors were not entirely unheard of, mainly either friends or favor-seekers, they were no substitute for community, and she keenly felt its absence. The solution was to build. So they did--up, rather than out, the pair worked to build a new civilization among the trees of the Grey Forest. Over time, the tree city became a place of legend, a paradise <CHARNAME> and Jaheira had built for one another, where nature and civilization were harmoniously joined. In truth, very few were even allowed to find the settlement--the elf-born trees saw to that. At last, Jaheira found peace at last by balancing the blend of the best qualities of elf and human, of nature and culture, and duty to self and others that made her unique.~

Viconia actually pulls from the most, from 2 of Ascension's default epilogues, plus Shawnee's alignment change, and the NPCFlirtpack.

Viconia default:
    No longer with <CHARNAME>, Viconia went on to found a cult dedicated to Shar in the city of Waterdeep. One of her followers betrayed her, however, prompting the slaughter of the whole tainted lot. Shar admonished Viconia strongly for this, but she was unrepentant and again wandered the realms. Viconia was still formidable and went on to prevent an attempt by the Knights of the Shield to take over Calimport, and even worked with Drizzt Do'Urden to save the elven city of Suldanessellar from a Zhentarim plot. For this last act, the elves accepted her, and Queen Ellesime bestowed the highest honors of the Seldarine, an accolade never before given to one of her dark kind. Viconia reportedly bowed once without emotion and then left. Her fate remains unknown.

Ascension Viconia alignment change default:
    ~Upon parting paths with <CHARNAME>, Viconia wandered for a great deal of time. She still met with ignorance and hatred from those who knew of her kind, but Viconia was determined now more than ever to establish herself as seperate from the legacy of the dark elves. She had been to the deepest planes of hell and fought side-by-side with <CHARNAME> as <PRO_HESHE> became a God... and she would hide her face from the surface lands any longer. Even when Shar, her goddess of darkness and loss, abandoned her completely Viconia was unrepetant. Tales of her grew as she made her presence felt in one land after another... often as a savior, only to be thanklessly driven out by suspicion and fear. Still Viconia traveled on, refusing the company of fellow travelers and adventurers and never finding anywhere that she could truly name a home. Her destiny was her own, and she would seek it on her own terms.
    What eventually become of Viconia is unknown. Her greatest legend is also the most unlikely, although its persistence gives it some credit. It is said that Viconia saved the elves of Suldanessalar from a Zhentarim plot, fighting valiantly against the organization's agents... and in the end placing herself in harm's way to save Queen Ellesime from a deadly arrow. Upon being revived, Viconia was surprised to discover that this last act had prompted the Suldanessalar elves to finally accept and forgive their drow sister. Queen Ellesime granted the highest honors of the Seldarine to Viconia, the first drow ever honored so, and even invited Viconia to find a home in the Tree of Life once again. Viconia was obviously moved by the gesture... and while she considered the Queen's offer, it is said she eventually merely bowed deeply to Ellesime and silently left Suldanessalar forever. Viconia was never reported seen again...~

Ascension Viconia:
    ~Viconia traveled only for a short time after parting ways with <CHARNAME>, eventually starting a cult dedicated to Shar within the massive city of Waterdeep. One of her followers would eventually turn against her, precipitating a furious Viconia to slaughter the entire cult, herself. Shar did not forgive Viconia this trespass and removed her abilities. Viconia stubbornly refused to atone, however, and instead left Waterdeep to wander the Realms. The dark elf became known as an enigmatic and powerful figure as tales of her spread... and while it was known she no longer worshipped Shar, it was also known that her clerical powers were still great. Who the dark lady now worshipped, however, was her own secret to keep. She reportedly raised an army against the Vaasan Witch-King, viciously attempting to subvert rule over his Kingdom and only barely being defeated after several military failures. Viconia prevented an attempt by the Knights of the Shield to take over Calimport... only to take over the city herself days later and institute a reign of terror and cruelty which is spoken of even years later in shuddered tones. Viconia abandoned Calimport and, it is said, returned to the Underdark from whence she came. Hers was not a gentle return, however, as Viconia would become a conquering force amongst the drow to give even Lolth pause. Her mettle had been tested by both worlds, Viconia said, and proven herself worthy. She would make the drow strong whereas now they were weak. What eventually became of Viconia is unknown and shrouded in rumor... but it is said that even the great Spider Queen does not rest easily any more.~

Ascension Viconia Shawnee Viconia (alignment change):
    ~On her own once more, Viconia deVir wandered the Realms for some time. She was still met with ignorance and hatred, but was now more determined than ever to separate herself from the reputation of the drow. She refused the company of others, claiming that she wished to seek out her destiny on her own terms. The formidable cleric prevented an attempted takeover of Calimport by the Knights of the Shield, and even worked with Drizzt Do'Urden to save the elven city of Suldanessellar from a Zhentarim plot. For this last act, she was given the highest honors of the Seldarine, an accolade never before given to one of her dark kind, and was invited by Queen Ellesime herself to make a home in the Tree of Life. Viconia reportedly bowed once without emotion and silently left Suldanessellar forever. Her fate remains unknown.~

NPCflirt Viconia epilogue (one of them anyways):
    ~With the events of Amelyssan's death behind her, Viconia took her share of the spoils of her adventures with <CHARNAME> and travelled to Waterdeep, where she based herself and her operations for years to come. Though nobody is entirely sure to what extent her influence extended, or how exactly her group operated, what is known is that almost all of her followers were adherents of Shar, and that they had a finger in most political and religious dealings in the Sword Coast. Some say Viconia's ultimate plan was to storm the Underdark, others that she simply desired power. What ultimately happened to her or her group is uncertain, and exactly how much they influenced the Realms is shrouded in mystery--much like the dusky drow herself.~

My Viconia epilogue:
    ~After the Bhaalspawn Crisis had passed, Viconia deVir took her share of the spoils of her adventures with <CHARNAME> and wandered the Realms for some time. She was still met with ignorance and hatred, but was now more determined than ever to separate herself from the reputation of the drow. She refused the company of others, claiming that she wished to seek out her destiny on her own terms. The formidable cleric prevented an attempted takeover of Calimport by the Knights of the Shield, and even worked with Drizzt Do'Urden to save the elven city of Suldanessellar from a Zhentarim plot, personally saving Queen Ellesime from an assassination attempt. For this last act, she was given the highest honors of the Seldarine, an accolade never before given to one of her dark kind, and was invited by Queen Ellesime herself to make a home in the Tree of Life. Viconia reportedly bowed once without emotion and silently left Suldanessellar forever. Her fate remains unknown, although it is said that even the great Spider Queen does not rest easily any more.~

I can't seem to find my Aerie+Haer'dalis epilogue, that gets pretty headcanon though. Mechanically, I get all the strongholds, and "give" the Bard stronghold to Aerie+Haer'Dalis who I boot together while their romance is going on early-middish SoA. The epilogues are about using the acting troupe as a cover (with Quayle's circus) to travel around the realms fighting slavery which gives Aerie a rightous cause to follow, while the changing scenery, acting, and danger of fighting slavers keeps Haer'dalis entertained. Eventually they free avariel slaves in Cormyr (per default/Ascension/Shawnee epilogues) and make their way to Faeyna-Dail where they live our their lives.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    edited August 2020
    Aerie breaks up with Haer'dalis in SoA or ToB eventually if they romance, I don't think they should have an epilogue together.

There's something to be said for brevity, and so I tend towards the default endings. I could see an addition for romanced + PC ascended, or maybe a differentiation for Sarevok/Viconia differences in alignment (But not really for Viconia, ultimately, even on her own, I just see her eventually become the True Neutral she gets in her romance.).

I think Viconia's tragic romance ending is one of my favorites, as is either Aerie ending, Anomen's non-romance ending, Minsc's (Which I don't see getting retconned by BG3 like poster #2 says? It's ending is vague and we know he is alive in Fifth edition anyway), and Mazzy. Jan's is fittingly hilarious.