Skip to content

Is the banter pack mod good?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited August 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i use both. they blend in well into the game to the point i don't know which banter comes from which pack.

they were made to be used together. all i know is the banter pack has more 3 way banter and iep does not have tob banters.
    [Deleted User]CaszidyAngulimala
  • AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    The party banter is one of the things that make this game so great, and the banter mods are high quality and just add more awesomeness. I'm currently playing without either of these mods and I'm really missing the extra content.
    megamike15
    Angulimala wrote: »
    The party banter is one of the things that make this game so great, and the banter mods are high quality and just add more awesomeness. I'm currently playing without either of these mods and I'm really missing the extra content.

yeah i was surprised how little party banter there was with out the mods.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I consider the banter packs a necessity, and something that should have been in the game from the start. It makes the whole experience so much more lively. I absolutely love the intra-party conversations and/or arguments, because they make the party feel like a real team, not just mercenaries going along for the ride.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Most banter packs are great. Just be aware that installing multiple can lead to lots, I mean LOTS, of dialogue triggering often. So be prepared for more interruptions for each pack added. I love the banters of BG2, its one of its strongest aspects, but there a tipping point for me where its too often.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Most banter packs are great. Just be aware that installing multiple can lead to lots, I mean LOTS, of dialogue triggering often. So be prepared for more interruptions for each pack added. I love the banters of BG2, its one of its strongest aspects, but there a tipping point for me where its too often.

my issue is more as i use a banter accelerator. i tend to get alot of the modded banter fired off near the first 2 or so hours of chapter 2.
    My personal solution is to only use banter packs for my absolute favorite npcs. These almost always include dialog with every other npc as well, so I get more dialog with everyone without being flooded by endless talks every several minutes.
    i remember my main issue with Minsc friendship is his talks fire off to fast. so i got through his timer talks very quickly.
    ThacoBell
    Oh they absolutely do. He just can't wait to be friends.